Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Morris to NBA... Now?

Morris to NBA... Now?

Interesting concept. If he does leave then UK will be hard pressed to make the NCAA tournament. The NCAA really needs to fix the rules so things like this don't come up. If you declare yourself for the draft and don't get taken to bad, you said your a pro your a pro.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Morris to NBA... Now?

I really dislike the NBA. Has made the college game really watered down with talent. Very mediocre. The NBA brand of basketball is just disgusting. That isn't basketball. If the only sports that were on were NBA and bowling, I'll chose the PBA.

Really?

Bowling sucks. I don't see why some people hate the NBA so much. The talent is incredible, it's fun to watch IMO

I don't see why some people hate the NBA so much.
    Probably because it used to be a league of teams not players, many of us remember the way it was pre Jordan, the college game was better then too.

I don't get the "watered down" arguement. I look back on the days when Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and UCLA dominated year in and year out with apathy. I'm glad I wasn't a fan then, or alive in UCLA's case. Way too boring. College Basketball is better than ever, IMO.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Probably because it used to be a league of teams not players, many of us remember the way it was pre Jordan, the college game was better then too.
    That can be changed in a matter of years if the NBA chose to market its product differently.

I think it's starting to get better though

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dburke1337 View Post
    That can be changed in a matter of years if the NBA chose to market its product differently.

I think it's starting to get better though
    The Pistons and Spurs, in recent years, have really emphasized a team brand of basketball that was fun to watch. Everyone got involved in the game, everyone played defense, and you never knew who was going to beat you on any given night.

With the notable exception of the 2-star Heat team last year, you're starting to see most successful teams move away from the "1 big star and 4 role players" mentality, which is really a positive for the league, IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Most teams don't really do that anymore. Celtics maybe... and Philly (before Iverson sat out)... oh yeah, and the Lakers.

Check out the Suns.

When I think about Morris, I am inclined to think about the UC centers that were ruled ineligible because of stupid rules regarding amateurism pertaining to foreign participation. Yet somehow, they allow this potential headache to exist.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    When I think about Morris, I am inclined to think about the UC centers that were ruled ineligible because of stupid rules regarding amateurism pertaining to foreign participation. Yet somehow, they allow this potential headache to exist.

Problem is, the NCAA can't do anything about this situation. If they suspend Morris, he goes off to the NBA. It's certainly not fair to UK for him to leave in the middle of the year but it'd be like an engineering student who left before graduation to work somewhere. About the only thing the NCAA could do is restrict access to their players. Of course I'm surprised he'd take a paycut to go to the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

To say that the NBA is a good brand basketball would be doing the game of basketball a monumental slap in the face. For many years, the best players went for the instant money of the NBA...many of whom had great talent but unclear as to how the game actually works. When a team knows how to play the game, it is something of beauty. Watching someone yo yo the ball, make one pass, get it back, put on all juke moves then jump over the center for a dunk...we'll I can't identify with that. It seems as though the NBA has allowed their product to throughly shift to a demographic that I also can't identify with either.

Since most of the talent for the past 10 years has jumped right from HS to the NBA, you've got really mediocre talent in the college ranks. Now that they are making HSchoolers go at least play one year, this should marginally help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Problem is, the NCAA can't do anything about this situation. If they suspend Morris, he goes off to the NBA. It's certainly not fair to UK for him to leave in the middle of the year but it'd be like an engineering student who left before graduation to work somewhere. About the only thing the NCAA could do is restrict access to their players. Of course I'm surprised he'd take a paycut to go to the NBA.
    The point was that they let him play and this scenario was always a possibility. He should never of been allowed to come back to Kentucky like nothing ever happened.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?