Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 5-20 Reds v Indians(Bergolla batting 2nd)

Re: 5-20 Reds v Indians(Bergolla batting 2nd)

Actually Steel, you have taken his quote out of context a bit.

He said they should be able to go 115, not that they should or even would. Some games will be better, more pitch efficient. Some games they are gone at 105 an 5 ip. it happens. But by this time of the year, if a pitcher is a true innings eater, then they should at least be able to go up to 115 every night. I certainly don't think they should, and i certainly don't want to see 130+ PC's Dusty Bakers guys seem to do all to frequently, but Harang is doing 105-115, and pitching into the 8th regularly with really decent K numbers.

no, not 115 every start, but being able to do that and doing it are 2 different things.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    What happened to the Indians' offense? This is basically the same cast of characters as last year and they were very good at the plate. This year, they've been horrible.
    Ask that about out own too.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    What happened to the Indians' offense? This is basically the same cast of characters as last year and they were very good at the plate. This year, they've been horrible.
    No Coco KRISPY!!!!!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Can I just say I find Andy Baskin far easier to take compared to Jim Day? Day is lousy.
    You know our announcers are bad when I was glad to hear the Indians announcers calling the game instead of Grande and Welsh
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    So what?

There's games where even good starters fail to pitch 115 pitches becasue they are ineffective or because they are PH for.

My point was that a pitcher with a lead pitching well should easily pitch 115 pitches.
    Ah, sorry about my misunderstanding of the context, PP. Didn't realize you were talking about "capable" instead of "should". Of course, maybe you are talking about "should" throw 115 consistently. If so, that's a different thing altogether.

My bad.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy
    Be thankful, without terrible umpiring, Sizemore just drove in the tying run. Instead it's 1st and 3rd for Casey Blake. Valentin's also stopped a few that LaRue likely plays into a passed ball.

Reds Win 2-1 on a great game by Harang and solo shots by our two best hitters Dunn and FeLo. Can we have these umpires every night?
    Exactly. There was no difference in Graves tonight than any other night he pitches. He was very hittable, but he was facing the worst offensive team in the Major Leagues (I think). No kudos from me on this one for Danny. a typical Graves save, but another that might help us be free of him before the All Star break.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?