Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anti-virus programs

Anti-virus programs

My Norton Anti-virus will expire soon. It's about $35 a year.

Thought I'd do some window shopping.

Any others out there that you guys recommend?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anti-virus programs

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    I use AVG also, and it works great. Why pay for what you can get for free?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    Werd.

I hate Nortons, it's a resource hog. I've been using AVG free for a few years, no problems ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    My Norton Anti-virus will expire soon. It's about $35 a year.

Thought I'd do some window shopping.

Any others out there that you guys recommend?
    If you renew online through the live update, Nortons is cheaper than buying over the counter. At least last year it was.

AVG is Adam Dunn. Norton is Juan Encarnacion.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Yeah but Norton does the sac fly thing
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    AVG is Adam Dunn. Norton is Juan Encarnacion.
    That settles it.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Like they said... Go AVG TC. I did on the kid's computers, and it works great.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

FYI, I just reupped with Norton a month ago. I will say this if you are comfortable with your current version, you will be really happy with Antivirus 2005. It is much less annoying and it is better about blocking worms, spyware, adware, and malicious code. I am happy with the new Norton product. Also as a current subscriber they will cut you a nice break on the new version.

Free products are always a good place to start.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I kept having internal problem errors within Nortons that basically disabled it. I would then get a message from Symantec that I needed to uninstall then re-install Nortons. After about 5-6 times of this happening I dumped it.

My cable company know provides us with free AV/Firewall protection through F-Secure, which is out of Finland. It's ranked in the top 5 in security around the world.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

AVG is the engine that McAfee runs I believe. There new virus definitions usually come out about an hour earlier too.

Can't beat free.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?