Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Bowa negotiations break down

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Dr. Johnson
    Guest

    Bowa negotiations break down

    After 10-15 unreturned phone calls to my college buddy the sports agent, he finally returned my call. I ask him what was up with the Bowa rumor, he said he would call me back. When he did, he said that his friend told him that Bowa wanted a all new coaching staff, he did not want to keep Hume and Gullett especially! He also wanted a three year deal, the Reds wanted him to finish out the season and one more year. However my friend did tell me that Jim Leyland is not out the picture yet....Leyland is telling his agent to get talks going again with the Reds. Pittsburgh is only a couple of games below .500 and their front office has no reason to make a move. Leyland really wants back in baseball, especially in the NL.....even to manage the Reds!

    If the Rumor was true about Bowa and I have no reason to think why it was not true, what was Bowa thinking???? Why not take the job, we have some talent. Any job he takes will be a rebuilding job. Why not Cincy? We have a great baseball town!
    Last edited by Dr. Johnson; 05-21-2005 at 10:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,519

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    I don't buy the fact that it was even true....

  3. #3
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,276

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Jim Coombs is my pick.

  4. #4
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,717

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    I hear it's going to be Pete Rose
    Go Gators!

  5. #5
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,276

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I hear it's going to be Pete Rose
    His name backwards is Esor Etep

  6. #6
    Dr. Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    When was the last time the Reds got beat by a three run homer from an American League pitcher? Embarassing! To dead centerfield no less!
    Last edited by Dr. Johnson; 05-21-2005 at 11:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,719

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johnson
    When was the last time the Reds got beat by a three run homer from an American League pitcher? Embarassing! To dead centerfield no less!
    That has nothing to do with Bowa becoming the Reds manager.

  8. #8
    Dr. Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    It was a radom thought after another defeat...who cares were you post it?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    6,057

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    I have never seen someone lost points WITHIN a thread.... and right after they just posted. You better quit while you are ahead Deep Throat......BUT if what you say is true.....remember me when you get to the big show.

  10. #10
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johnson
    It was a radom thought after another defeat...who cares were you post it?
    Well, I kinda do. We try to stay on topic around here, especially when there is a game thread just a click away.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  11. #11
    ws1990reds
    Guest

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    That has nothing to do with Bowa becoming the Reds manager.
    And, neither did your comment. Anyway, Miley is a "good guy" and therefore will finish out hte season. The Reds might try shedding some salary, but they're not going to kill off all the ticket buyers.

  12. #12
    Member Buckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johnson
    When was the last time the Reds got beat by a three run homer from an American League pitcher? Embarassing! To dead centerfield no less!
    It was actually a 2 run HR to centerfield.
    Matta = Really good

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    3,069

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    This was more predictable than Dan O'Brien sounding like a robot every time he opens his mouth.

  14. #14
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,987

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    I heard Pamela Anderson was in negotiations with Dan O'Brien, John Allen, and Carl Lindner. But they broke down, because George Grande insistance she wear a bra.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Findlay,Ohio
    Posts
    1,809

    Re: Bowa negotiations break down

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I heard Pamela Anderson was in negotiations with Dan O'Brien, John Allen, and Carl Lindner. But they broke down, because George Grande insistance she wear a bra.
    Great one RBA
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25