Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowa negotiations break down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dr. Johnson

Bowa negotiations break down

After 10-15 unreturned phone calls to my college buddy the sports agent, he finally returned my call. I ask him what was up with the Bowa rumor, he said he would call me back. When he did, he said that his friend told him that Bowa wanted a all new coaching staff, he did not want to keep Hume and Gullett especially! He also wanted a three year deal, the Reds wanted him to finish out the season and one more year. However my friend did tell me that Jim Leyland is not out the picture yet....Leyland is telling his agent to get talks going again with the Reds. Pittsburgh is only a couple of games below .500 and their front office has no reason to make a move. Leyland really wants back in baseball, especially in the NL.....even to manage the Reds!

If the Rumor was true about Bowa and I have no reason to think why it was not true, what was Bowa thinking???? Why not take the job, we have some talent. Any job he takes will be a rebuilding job. Why not Cincy? We have a great baseball town!
    Last edited by Dr. Johnson; 05-21-2005 at 09:38 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Bowa negotiations break down

I don't buy the fact that it was even true....

Jim Coombs is my pick.

I hear it's going to be Pete Rose
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I hear it's going to be Pete Rose
    His name backwards is Esor Etep

Dr. Johnson

When was the last time the Reds got beat by a three run homer from an American League pitcher? Embarassing! To dead centerfield no less!
    Last edited by Dr. Johnson; 05-21-2005 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johnson
    When was the last time the Reds got beat by a three run homer from an American League pitcher? Embarassing! To dead centerfield no less!
    That has nothing to do with Bowa becoming the Reds manager.

Dr. Johnson

It was a radom thought after another defeat...who cares were you post it?

I have never seen someone lost points WITHIN a thread.... and right after they just posted. You better quit while you are ahead Deep Throat......BUT if what you say is true.....remember me when you get to the big show.

It was a radom thought after another defeat...who cares were you post it?
    Well, I kinda do. We try to stay on topic around here, especially when there is a game thread just a click away.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

ws1990reds

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    That has nothing to do with Bowa becoming the Reds manager.
    And, neither did your comment. Anyway, Miley is a "good guy" and therefore will finish out hte season. The Reds might try shedding some salary, but they're not going to kill off all the ticket buyers.

It was actually a 2 run HR to centerfield.

This was more predictable than Dan O'Brien sounding like a robot every time he opens his mouth.

I heard Pamela Anderson was in negotiations with Dan O'Brien, John Allen, and Carl Lindner. But they broke down, because George Grande insistance she wear a bra.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I heard Pamela Anderson was in negotiations with Dan O'Brien, John Allen, and Carl Lindner. But they broke down, because George Grande insistance she wear a bra.
    Great one RBA
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?