Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread for 5/22 Reds vs Indians

Re: Game Thread for 5/22 Reds vs Indians

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    In Baseball Weekly he was named to the first team outfield in the NL for April.
    Actually reading Baseball Weekly would be your first mistake there.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

I guess the thing that really bothers me about the current condition of the Reds is there appears to be no one who sees any problems on this club. Lindner (can't spell) says, "that's baseball." Miley and O'Brien come up with generalities and then blame D'Angelo Jiminez for the losing streak. The players we have are just as bad. Casey and Graves, who seem to be team spokesmen, become critics of the other players and get called in for "advice" (I know this is fairly common, but those two wouldn't be on my list). Gullett is simply not quotable or just doesn't talk to the press.

So, we have a totally impossible situation that can only be cured by firing Miley, Gullett, and O'Brien. Then we need to rid ourselves of Casey (it pains me to say that because I like Sean), Graves, and anyone else we can get someone for (if indeed we can) and start over. Any lingering will just make it a longer time until we can legitimately win again.

Sorry, but I'm glad the fans are upset with Danny. It may send a message.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

For what it's worth, Lane was 6th in Runs Created for NL OFers in April.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    I guess the thing that really bothers me about the current condition of the Reds is there appears to be no one who sees any problems on this club. Lindner (can't spell) says, "that's baseball." Miley and O'Brien come up with generalities and then blame D'Angelo Jiminez for the losing streak. The players we have are just as bad. Casey and Graves, who seem to be team spokesmen, become critics of the other players and get called in for "advice" (I know this is fairly common, but those two wouldn't be on my list). Gullett is simply not quotable or just doesn't talk to the press.

So, we have a totally impossible situation that can only be cured by firing Miley, Gullett, and O'Brien. Then we need to rid ourselves of Casey (it pains me to say that because I like Sean), Graves, and anyone else we can get someone for (if indeed we can) and start over. Any lingering will just make it a longer time until we can legitimately win again.

Maybe Danny will feel so small he'll vanish

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    Yea', I still don't understand designating D'Lo. I have the feeling this may be the worst run organization in baseball right now.

I wonder if Graves can play 2B? It couldn't be worse than having him on the mound. Could it?
    Personally I think it's the worst-run organization in all of professional sports.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

The nightmare finally ends!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan

As my old man always said: as a law-abiding citizen, you've got three weapons: your pocketbook, your vote, and your voice.

Well, there are others, but you get the idea.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Personally I think it's the worst-run organization in all of professional sports.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Mike Brown has finally given up his toilet!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    yippie?
    It is what it is. He was the best among NL outfielders in April.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

It is what it is. He was the best among NL outfielders in April.
    So was Juan Encarnacion.

And we all know how THAT'S going to work out.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    For what it's worth, Lane was 6th in Runs Created for NL OFers in April.
    That's a legitimate stat. It doesn't take away the fact that given consistent playing time, he has the ability to put up big numbers. He needs 600 AB's/year for a couple of years.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Time is the Revelator.

:dancingco Classic Graves today.

That's a legitimate stat. It doesn't take away the fact that given consistent playing time, he has the ability to put up big numbers. He needs 600 AB's/year for a couple of years.

If you add up all his Runs Created since the start of the 2002 season (59.9 RC) and divide that number by his total plate appearances (421) then multiply THAT number by 600 you get 85.36 Runs Created per 600 TPA.

That would have been good enough for 37th best ML OFer last season.

average at best.

So was Juan Encarnacion.

And we all know how THAT'S going to work out.
    When Juan Encarnacion hit a grand slam on opening day vs. the Braves Skip Carey immediatley quipped "well I think it's safe to say it's downhill for Encarnacion from here on out"
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?