Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread 5/24 Reds vs. Nationals

Re: Game Thread 5/24 Reds vs. Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    What's going on? Score? Situation?
    I wish I knew. No Gameday or Yahoo etc. updates, and even though I have the game on the radio, I keep tuning it out.

Apparently it's heading to the 7th inning, but that's all I've got.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    I wish I knew. No Gameday or Yahoo etc. updates, and even though I have the game on the radio, I keep tuning it out.

Apparently it's heading to the 7th inning, but that's all I've got.
    3-2 Reds...top 7, Wagner pitching

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I would tell you too but Marty and Steve absolutely suck with details about the game.

I do know Johnson is up and Wagner is pitching

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    I see what your saying OC but the expected runs will always be greater the further along the runners are regardless of SLG. In otherwords, it will always be easier to score from second than it will from first. I'm not sure you can factor in SLG into stolen base percentage in a meaningful way. I may be wrong though, I'm just thinking out loud here. Good post.
    OldCat is correct. The more probable multiple base acquisition is with a runner on 1st, the less valuable a Stolen Base is.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Panicking Fan since 1993

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Im not so sure. He showed promise last year and has the natural ability to unroll. The guy who spray paints the bases doesnt do complete coverage. He should be the target of my ire.
    There you go with that spray painter nonsense. Good tarp rolling beats good spray painting every time. After all grass cutting is 75 percent of grounds-crewing. And is C-ROPS is an awful 22.3333.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCat
    There you go with that spray painter nonsense. Good tarp rolling beats good spray painting every time. After all grass cutting is 75 percent of grounds-crewing. And is C-ROPS is an awful 22.3333.
    You go by the C-ROPS?? What a loser. Everyone knows the XFR matrix shows quality overall in a season.

Looks at me...my name is OldCat and I use C-ROPS to rate groundscrew... *scoff*

Wagner comes up limping.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Is this the game thread? I seem to be lost in a parallel world

Wagner gets clipped by Guillen trying to cover first base but remains in the game.
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

--Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Panicking Fan since 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    I see what your saying OC but the expected runs will always be greater the further along the runners are regardless of SLG. In otherwords, it will always be easier to score from second than it will from first. I'm not sure you can factor in SLG into stolen base percentage in a meaningful way. I may be wrong though, I'm just thinking out loud here. Good post.
    True a successful CS is always a plus, but the value of the CS is the difference between the value of the current situation and the one after the CS. Imagine a league where the average SLG is, say 800. A man on first would be pretty likely to score, say 70 pct. if the chance to score on secons is 75 pct, then the max gain is 5 pct, the max loss 70 pct. You better make it almost all the time.

Then we move to a pitchers league where the average SLG is 150. You might have a 10 pct chance to score from first, and a 25 pct from second. So the gain is 15 and the loss only 10. Get on your track shoes!

Marlon Tyrd is up.

Panicking Fan since 1993

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    You go by the C-ROPS?? What a loser. Everyone knows the XFR matrix shows quality overall in a season.

Looks at me...my name is OldCat and I use C-ROPS to rate groundscrew... *scoff*
    C-ROPS was good enough for my daddy and its good enough for me!

With gamecasts frozen and a balky internet connection for mbl audio, I am relying on you all tonite for updates. What's the current score?

3-2 Reds to the best of my knowledge.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Could be.

Both he and, particularly, Miley should know that.
    Well, they should have known it before the series started but they've been well versed in it tonight.

Turn Off Ads?