Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jeff Gordon Butchers "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" At Wrigley "Stadium"

Jeff Gordon Butchers "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" At Wrigley "Stadium"

This is not hard-hitting stuff, but it's pretty funny if you get a chance to hear it. Mike and Mike (ESPN Radio) played the audio of it a few minutes ago. (Their show is also aired on ESPNews.)

First, Gordon says something about "Welcome to Wrigley Stadium" or something like that, then blows the song worse than anyone ever has...ANYONE. That includes Mike Ditka and Ozzy Osbourne!

Here's a blurb...

http://www.cubsnet.com/node/303

Cubs Fans Boo Gordon

Submitted by cubsnet on Tue, 2005-05-24 21:21. Op-Ed There have been many occasions over the last several years that have provided the Cubs with strong hints that it would be a good idea to get rid of 7th inning stretch guest singer program. Mike Ditka's first crazy man performance. Steve McMichael threatening umpire Angel Hernandez with bodily injury. Ozzy Osbourne's incoherent rambling.

Add what happened tonight to that list. Cubs fans are now booing the help. NASCAR star Jeff Gordon was the guest singer of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" tonight. He started off on a much different pace than the organ. He then forgot the words, or didn't know them to begin with.

Many fans at Wrigley Field tonight promptly began booing Gordon in the middle of the song. Loudly. The booing lasted until the end of the song, and beyond.

Len Kasper and Bob Brenly, when interviewing Gordon in the bottom half of the inning, prudently stayed away from the subject. They didn't even talk baseball with him at all.

When a 13-year-old girl froze up singing the National Anthem at a Portland Trailblazers game in 2003, coach Maurice Cheeks went up, stood next to her, and began singing the song with her.

Gordon needed a Maurice Cheeks tonight. What he got was thousands of fans whose class had escaped them.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeff Gordon Butchers "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" At Wrigley "Stadium"

Yeah, the look on his face was priceless when he realized he was being booed for a freakin' song!!!

You choaked, Jeff. You choaked like a dog.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Its clear Gordan has no clue about the passion those morons in Wrigley have about their sCrubby baseball. What Gordon did was akin to burning a cross on the cubs fan's proverbial front lawn... What a boob.

For a Level Playing Field

Wow... perhaps Jeff Gordon has hit one too many walls!??! The Ozzy Osbourne one brings back memories of Harry Caray slurring through the song.

Good thing the Cubs won the game. If they had lost, I am sure their whining fans (and Dusty) would have blamed Gordon for the loss.

tommycatluvsme

I saw it on FOX.

Turn Off Ads?