Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Woman Jailed After Making 20 Calls to 911 Complaining About Pizza Delivery

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Woman Jailed After Making 20 Calls to 911 Complaining About Pizza Delivery

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a132612D45.DTL

Woman, 86, Jailed for Calling 911 20 Times -
    Tuesday, May 24, 2005

(05-24) 13:26 PDT Charlotte, N.C. (AP) --

An 86-year-old woman has been sent to jail after police said she called 911 dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour to complain about a pizza parlor. Dorothy Densmore remained in jail Tuesday charged with misusing the 911 system, a jail spokeswoman said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver a pie to her south Charlotte apartment, said Officer Mandy Giannini, a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police spokeswoman. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot-tall, 98-pound woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore is also charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the 911 system, jail records show.

It was the second time she'd been charged with misusing the emergency system, court records show.

In March 2004, police said she called 911 about 10 times after she was asked to stop, a police report says. She then threatened to hit the officer with a chair when he came to arrest her, the report states.

___

Information from: The Charlotte Observer,
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Woman Jailed After Making 20 Calls to 911 Complaining About Pizza Delivery

Oh my
    Go Gators!

I wonder if she's any relation to that one gal who called 911 to complain about her drive thru order being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I was at one of my buddies house one day when he discovered he locked his keys in his car. We couldnt get a hold of his parents to get an extra key, so I told him to call the police. He, with his infinite wisdom, called 911. Well five minutes later, a cop comes to the door and threatens to arrest him. My buddy, again in a moment of wisdom, called the cop a "donut eating pig". He then was arrested for assult on a police officer. Luckly though, his lawyer got him out of it.

I will never forget that day.

rumour has it, she was on a trip up north a couple of years ago, where she attended a baseball game. when the hotdog vendors refused to serve her, she attempted to find a phone.
    unable to find one anywhere in the stadium, she went where she knew there would be one...the dugout. She then attempted to place numerous calls to 911 there, as well, therefor tying up the telephone line.
    as a result, Grady Little was unable to get a call to the bullpen in time, therefor leaving Pedro Martinez on the hill for longer than he would have liked in game seven of the 2003 ALCS...the rest is history.

either that, or i am still stark raving mad.

This reminds me of all the times on the show Cops where somebody frantically flags down a patrol car to get help from the police when the local dealer sells them baking soda instead of "the 8-Ball that I asked for..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I wonder if she's any relation to that one gal who called 911 to complain about her drive thru order being wrong.
    This?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    That's the one.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?