Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is Dunn's contract situation? Should the Reds trade him?

Re: What is Dunn's contract situation? Should the Reds trade him?

Quote Originally Posted by BadFundamentals
    So new information, new events, new posters, new interpretations Reds4Life but because YOU have read particular "folks" opinions on a topic (the thread topic) at some point in the PAST you would prohibit those "folks" from taking part in a discussion? That's pretty silly.
    The problem is that you continue to beat into the ground the same arguments about the same player in nearly every thread you post in. That is the very definition of beating a subject to death, in my book.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm including 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 20005

just let me know if you need further clarification
    I do need further clarification. Are you using his minor league stats from 2001 or not? If your using only the 244 AB's he had with the Reds in '01 and combine that with his 152 AB's this season, your talking about three and half seasons of performance. That makes your assumption based on five seasons look suspicious, at best.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I'm posting ON TOPIC about a subject I care most about. (and it's not just a "player" it is a part of a much bigger issue on this team) And posting factually. I don't have interest/time to post on every thread (at least a few people are probably glad of that).

your board if you want to prohibit me from posting so be it..........I think it's silly though.

I'm posting ON TOPIC about a subject I care most about. (and it's not just a "player" it is a part of a much bigger issue on this team) And posting factually. I don't have interest/time to post on every thread (at least a few people are probably glad of that).

your board if you want to prohibit me from posting so be it..........I think it's silly though.
    We have rules here that I think are pretty simple to follow. One of those is:

It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.
    If you don't think you can abide by that, send me a PM and let me know. I appreciate the diversity you've brought to the board, but we're not going to keep warning you for a rule you're clearly violating.

I'm not talking to myself in these threads boss. CONSISTENTLY the folks on the other side of these discussions are the same as well but they are not being prohibited/warned against participating or making their SAME arguments. Guys like:
    cedric
    raisor
    nd2
    redleader
    and plenty of others

"Rule 5" is selectively being enforced against ME and my side of argument.

To get back to the original posters question I say, sadly, yes. The time to lock him up for a LTC discount has more than likely passed, from here on out it's like we got him as a FA. However, if I were going to trade Dunn someone's taking JR and his contract with him. It's probably the only opportunity we will ever see to be rid of Griffey again before he retires.

Hopefully the FO learns from this and doesn't miss out on doing it right with Pena. He, FeLo, EE and maybe Wagner are the type of young, cheap talent they need to rebuild around. AK is still cheap because his performance won't drive his arb numbers up at all so if you get a good offer jump on it, if not use him through 2007 and hopefully he turns it around.

The scary thought for me however is the people in charge of yet another potential rebuilding project are the same ones who thought Milton and Wilson were worth a lot of $$.

I'm not talking to myself in these threads boss. CONSISTENTLY the folks on the other side of these discussions are the same as well but they are not being prohibited/warned against participating or making their SAME arguments. Guys like:
    cedric
    raisor
    nd2
    redleader
    and plenty of others

Because we aren't the ones constantly beating Dunn in the ground for starters. I also suggest if you have a problem with me, handle it with a P.M.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

cedric
    raisor
    nd2
    redleader
    and plenty of others

Every single one of those posters was around before you were and none of them had a problem with that rule (nor do they now) before you and your agenda ("DunnHater") came aboard.

If you want to discuss Reds baseball, you've found the perfect place for it. If you only want to post here to further your hatred for Adam Dunn (in the vast majority of your posts), I'd strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

I'm upset that I'm only second on the list.

2nd is the place to put scrappyness
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    I'm upset that I'm only second on the list.
    2 hole is where unnatural preoccupation with Runs Created stat guys belong

Re: What is Dunn's contract situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    The clubhouse door opens 10 minutes after the end of each game (barring an unusual delay). The reporters are welcome in there any time after that for as long as they like.

Prior to the game, clubhouses are open to the press three and a half hours before gametime, and stay open until 45 minutes before gametime.
    Wow! IMHO, that's an excessive amount of time for media access.

I always thought the clubhouse was the players' domain; apparently not and I think it's a shame. I guess it's safe to say that if a player isn't being directly interviewed, the lurking media has free reign to print ANYTHING that goes on or is said there.

No wonder so much clubhouse "banter" shows up in media reports.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?