Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rangers and Reds Trade Ideal from Dallas paper

Re: Rangers and Reds Trade Ideal from Dallas paper

If its true, then I would say do it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    It's really interesting to read about all of these teams who are suddenly interested in Graves, despite hearing time and again that no one woul dwant him and that's why he wasn't traded.

It looks, instead, that if the Reds were shopping Graves, their asking price was too high.. If you have 3-4 teams in a bidding war over a player that has been DFA'd, surely more coul dhave been had if he had been traded during the offseason?
    These teams in the running, esp. the Rangers and Cubs, are simply having to fess up to bullpen problems they should have been able to foresee. Now, it's one man's junk...well in Graves case, is likely to be another man's junk but at least he'll be giving up hit after hit to lose games for someone else now.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Pragmatic Fan

Re: Rangers Looking To Acquire Graves

Much as I'd love to have any of those three guys, you're talking about primo prospects in the Rangers system, not to mention guys who are almost major league ready. I don't think Graves will bring us anyone like that.

Hudgins is an above-average pitching prospect. I owned him in my deep keeper last year before dumping him for Joey Votto, I beleive.

Make the trade!

Based on Graves' numbers if we can get anything for him I think it will be beneficial. I certainly would take the deal mentioned in the Dallas paper.

I'd be happy with a lower level power arm for Graves. Basically because you won't get a major-league ready power arm for Graves and the Reds have enough stuff-challanged pitchers in their upper levels already.

Well, that or any position player that can be called a prospect.

C'mon John Hart.

Drink. The. Kool-aid.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    These teams in the running, esp. the Rangers and Cubs, are simply having to fess up to bullpen problems they should have been able to foresee. Now, it's one man's junk...well in Graves case, is likely to be another man's junk but at least he'll be giving up hit after hit to lose games for someone else now.
    Admittedly, he's one of the few players I'm hoping gets traded to a divisional opponent.

Hey, I would take just a decent minor league batboy for him.

I would take a 19 year old rookie ball arm for him.

id take a box of batting practice balls for graves, replenish the stock he gave up.

How about improving the Trade to Graves, Claussen, Coffey and 4 mil. for John Hudgins, Kinsler, and another prospect?

I don't like that trade too much. I think we need to keep guys like Claussen and Coffey to see how they pan out. We are not desperate for a SS now with the emergence of Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I don't like that trade too much. I think we need to keep guys like Claussen and Coffey to see how they pan out. We are not desperate for a SS now with the emergence of Lopez.
    I think with Lopez and Kinlser you would have two guys who could play any of the infeild positions. I was thinking more along the lines of EE, Lopez, and Kinlser at 3rd, SS, and 2nd. Claussen does not impress me with his 88 mph fastball that doesn't sink. Coffey is only throwing around 91-92 mph not the 97 he was said to have. Graves is gone for nothing anyways and if we can get two prospects with higher up sides than Claussen and Coffey and another 19 year prospect in single A ball, I am all for it.

Claussen isn't pitching too badly right now and we need to give him a shot. Getting a middle infielder isn't too important right now since Freel is also playing well right now. when it comes down to it the Reds wont be good until our pitching improves. Trading away our few pitching prospects for hitters isn't going to help us improve because our weaknesses will only become more glaring.

Turn Off Ads?