Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rangers and Reds Trade Ideal from Dallas paper

Re: Rangers and Reds Trade Ideal from Dallas paper

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    One theory about Claussen's "lost" velocity is that he mis-rehabed his arm while in the Yankee system and never has regained the arm strength he should have.

Claussen similiarly struggled in AAA last year to June after losing 5mph(on average) with the fastball. By Augest he was starting to show signs of topping out 91-92 instead of 88-89 though his control and stamina were rundown. Now why would he gain 2-3mph of velocity in a month?
    Maybe his ankle?

2. Turn Off Ads?

People who are advocating trading Brandon Claussen you don't trade quality young arms just for the heck of it. You stockpile it. And even if you don't think that Claussen is a quality young arm you have to give him a chance to succeed and fail. When you're in the situation the Reds are in you don't just start giving away and trading away young pitching. Unless it's crap pitching like Danny Graves.

Make the damn trade with the Rangers.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by tts1stros
    This is getting nuts.

The Rangers will NOT trade any 22 year old AAA pitcher for Danny Graves, let alone Hudgins. If they do, Hart will be summarily fired. But he won't.

Best you can hope for is maybe a low quality A arm. There's just no way anyone is giving up anything of quality for Danny Graves.
    Well, he gave away Colby Lewis and Ben Kozlowski, did he not?

So a decent prospect isn't out of the question, especially with the Reds picking up most of the tab. No Kinsler, Danks or Arias, though.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Make the damn trade with the Rangers.
    I doubt they want to make that trade.

People I think we are grossly overestimating the interest in Graves here..I'll be shocked if he's traded at all..I see a release.
    Go Gators!

Not Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue
    Well, he gave away Colby Lewis and Ben Kozlowski, did he not?

So a decent prospect isn't out of the question, especially with the Reds picking up most of the tab. No Kinsler, Danks or Arias, though.
    And Dan Kolb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

I would venture to guess the reason nothing has been done is that the Reds are trying to see which team will pay the most of his salary for this year. The player in return is probably less important in the FO's mind than trying to squeeze out a few more bucks from the team they are going to eventually send him.

Turn Off Ads?