Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: With Popcorn, DVD's and TiVo, Moviegoers Are Staying Home

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: With Popcorn, DVD's and TiVo, Moviegoers Are Staying Home

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon
    More than one person told him, "I LOVE mine! It's changed my life!" I'm not sure what that says about those people...or my friend, who would probably agree with em now
    In my case, I have ended up watching more and less TV at the same time. I don't even turn on my TV anymore, I flip on TIVO to see what I have on queue.

A 1 hour show has 20 minutes of commercials ... therefore I can watch 3 - 1 hour showes in 2 hours.

I don't linger and watch part of the next show. Time saved.

Also, I don't miss what somebody said, I play it back. If I can't figure it out by sound, I use the closed caption. I don't have to be home by 8:00 PM to watch [insert whatever is on at 8:00 PM, I wouldn't know anymore].

The only thing I watch "live" anymore is sporting events, and I don't always watch them live.

I have a 40 minute commute to work. I'd rather give up my car than my TIVO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My recent experience: I saw Star Wars late (9:20) this past Sunday. I did it to avoid big crowds, unfortunately I got a kind of crowd of older curiosity seekers who weren't into Star Wars. So, anyhow, this one guy has to guffaw after every line of dialogue. I know the dialogue isn't great, but, hey, we all know that. Why does this jerk have to ruin the movie just to show how culturally superior he is. We know this isn't Ibsen but we can still enjoy it.

Sheeesh.

Turn around and smack him.

Had to do something similar (verbally, not physically ) to some guy in the last LOTR. I agree it's one major drawback to the theater.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tommycatluvsme
    TiVo is great.
    ReplayTV is even better!

We got our first one almost 5 years ago and now we have 3 of them.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?