Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Important notice about changes to RedsZone.com - please read

Re: Question about this board

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Personally, I was never in favor of two boards and I'm still not. I think you could make a valid argument that they actually generate more traffic because you often have the same topic discussed in two different places. (shrug)

Just garner enoung rep (another thing that I'm not in favor of) and you too will get to talk directly with the 'cool' boys and girls, some of whom actually took time out of their busy schedule to talk with you here.

Rem
    Yeah but you're one of the 10 or something.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post

Getting 200 points isn't going to take THAT long,
    Then again it might.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Now that you mention it, this is a good opportunity for me to thank the mods for all the hard work that you do. There really is no other message board like this on the internet that I've found so far and a lot of that can be attributed to the rep system IMO. Believe me, I've been searching for a Bengals board half the quality of this one for years without success.

So Boss, GIK, Chip, Zombie, Reds4Life, paintmered, ochre, macro, joseph, and everyone one else on this board: Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Yeah but you're one of the 10 or something.
    Yikes! That's the first time I've ever been accused of that!

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Now that you mention it, this is a good opportunity for me to thank the mods for all the hard work that you do. There really is no other message board like this on the internet that I've found so far and a lot of that can be attributed to the rep system IMO. Believe me, I've been searching for a Bengals board half the quality of this one for years without success.

So Boss, GIK, Chip, Zombie, Reds4Life, paintmered, ochre, macro, joseph, and everyone one else on this board: Thank You!
    I do it for the chicks. Chicks dig a man with the power we mods wield.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Personally, I was never in favor of two boards and I'm still not. I think you could make a valid argument that they actually generate more traffic because you often have the same topic discussed in two different places. (shrug)
    It might not be the most ideal situation, but it has clearly cut down on the "noise" posting that occured when there was just 1 board.

If anything, the rep system could use another tweak since there are so many more people now in the 1k+ rep range -- about 10-12 positive votes from longtime ORG members is enough to give someone the bump now.

And I'll second the thanks to the mods -- I've been coming to RZ for 2+ years now, and its the best moderated web board I've ever been to. The mods do a fantastic and non-intrusive job. It makes for a fantastic community of Reds fans. Thanks to all the mods (and Boss / GIK), for all you guys do.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 02-14-2007 at 08:53 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I enjoy the boards even without being able to post in ORG. The game chat is my favorite and most frequented feature of this site.

Agreed
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Agreed
    Brown-noser.

:notworthy

You know, I feel like a vet everytime I read a thread like this.

I must be scrappy or something.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Then again it might.
    The mountain's getting higher.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Have 'The Ten' replaced Steel yet? Maybe it's you, Remdog!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Thanks for the nice words.

Great. I'm sure the mods do a wonderful job but I personally don't like the way you have to wait to post on Reds message board. So now I have to post bullcrap on politics and homophobia in this country for me to get some reputation to talk about the Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Great. I'm sure the mods do a wonderful job but I personally don't like the way you have to wait to post on Reds message board. So now I have to post bullcrap on politics and homophobia in this country for me to get some reputation to talk about the Reds?
    Nice talking to ya.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Then again it might.
    Well, he's headed in the wrong direction.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?