Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Important notice about changes to RedsZone.com - please read

Re: Question about this board

I like the rep system. This is probably the best message board I've ever been a part of - and with the least amount of flaming garbage. It's refreshing to have genuine discussion, which by the way, you can get plenty of on RedsLive if you don't have the rep for ORG yet.

Not to mention, I hope to one day sit at the lunch table with the cool kids. I'm shallow like that.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Great. I'm sure the mods do a wonderful job but I personally don't like the way you have to wait to post on Reds message board. So now I have to post bullcrap on politics and homophobia in this country for me to get some reputation to talk about the Reds?
    Yes.

Thanks for coming today. There are some lovely parting gifts in the back.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Great. I'm sure the mods do a wonderful job but I personally don't like the way you have to wait to post on Reds message board. So now I have to post bullcrap on politics and homophobia in this country for me to get some reputation to talk about the Reds?

If you don't like it, leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Reds Live is a Reds discussion board as well. Talking about "politics and homophobia" isn't accepted on either of the Reds discussion boards.

As many others have said, the boards have run smoothly the last two years with the current settings. It's not going to change just because you don't like it. I'm not sure if you're used to being told 'no' or not, but this time, you're just going to have to accept the answer you're given. As others have said, if you still don't like that option, you're free to go somewhere else and talk about the Reds.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Maybe you overlooked the "Reds Live!" board. You can post about the Reds there.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

GL

I don't always like the rep system, but I think DT is a shining example of it in it's best light.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Alterntativley, you could post some thoughtfull and insightfull posts on Reds Live, where anybody can post, and earn rep in that manner.

Just a thought.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I don't always like the rep system, but I think DT is a shining example of it in it's best light.
    LOL if you look over and see a minus sign next to your points, then you are part of the problem.

I love how the rep system works. Most message boards I only lurk at because most of the conversation is argument and flaming.
    This is the first board that felt like a bunch of friends who may not always agree but still act somewhat civil.
    Unfortunatly for me it has been a long road just to get to 100 rep points. Hopefully this season I will make it to ORG!!!
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Now that you mention it, this is a good opportunity for me to thank the mods for all the hard work that you do. There really is no other message board like this on the internet that I've found so far and a lot of that can be attributed to the rep system IMO. Believe me, I've been searching for a Bengals board half the quality of this one for years without success.

So Boss, GIK, Chip, Zombie, Reds4Life, paintmered, ochre, macro, joseph, and everyone one else on this board: Thank You!

Excellent play. Have some points.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If you don't like it, leave.
    Very well put, -REP POINTS RAINCHECK-
    - Good for future rep points of your choice-

I remember before the rep system was put in place. The board has changed for the better since it's implementation. I haven't really posted enough to build rep towards ORG privileges, but Reds Live! is perfectly enjoyable to post on. If you give it a shot you'll see how much fun it can be. This is the best (and most intelligent) message board I've ever posted on, and the rep system has a lot to do with that.

Turn Off Ads?