6 people dead in Bellfontaine farmhouse shooting

Just saw this on Fox News.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6 people dead in Bellfontaine farmhouse shooting

Farm houses are located on St Rte. 47, west of Bellefontaine. I drive that route every day on the way to work. They have yet to release the names.

They say one girl was care-flighted and is clinging to life.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=35626

Six people killed in shooting

POSTED: Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:04:02 PM
    UPDATED: Sunday, May 29, 2005 5:51:54 PM

BELLEFONTAINE -- Authorities in Logan County say six people have been shot to death in two farmhouses west of Bellefontaine.

A seventh person was shot in the neck.

Lieutenant Chuck Stout says two bodies were found in one farmhouse and four others in another farmhouse about a quarter-mile away.

He says authorities believe the shootings occurred between 6 and 10 Sunday morning. He says investigators believe that the shooter is among those dead.

Stout says four adults are dead along with two children.

He says he’s never seen anything like it in his 35 years in law enforcement.

Bellefontaine is about 45 miles northwest of Columbus.

A press conference is scheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

How sad.

Why do people kill kids? Adults are bad enough, but why the kids?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Horrible news
    Go Gators!

Makes me wanna

GAC, I know the feeling, I drove through there yesterday. Which places were hit exactly I saw the pics on the news. Were are they in relation to the farm that has the cattle past the MRDD?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    GAC, I know the feeling, I drove through there yesterday. Which places were hit exactly I saw the pics on the news. Were are they in relation to the farm that has the cattle past the MRDD?
    If you are coming into Bellefontaine on 47, then it is the farm houses just before you get to the Discovery Center & MRDD.

When they finally released the names of the victims, one name really stood out to me. When I went to work last night I asked my supervisor (we use to run around together many years ago) about it. My worst suspicions were confirmed. It was the 14 yr old daughter of one of the guys we use to hang out with. His older brother works with me. It seems the family was going mushroom hunting the next morning and his daughter didn't want to go, so he allowed her to stay over at her friend's house.

The houses are owned by the grandparents (pretty sure), and are only about 1/4 mile apart.

There was a party at the one house that night. One of those found dead, 18 yr old Scott Moody, is believed to have committed the murders and then killed himself. As far as any motive, or circumstances surrounding why he did it, that has not come out. He and another one of the teenagers was due to graduate the next day from Riverside (DeGraff - a small town just west of Bellfontaine).

But he went to his grandparents house first and shot them while they were asleep. He then went to the other house, and while they too were sleeping, killed his Mom and the other teenagers. His sister is the lone survivor and is listed in critical condition (shot in the neck).

The only thing the Logan Co. Sheriff Dept has said is that they have had 10 nuisance calls on that residence in the past. What that is all about I don't know.

It's just a sad, sad situation.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Found out on Monday that my wife's second cousin was a friend of the girl that was killed. She is the other girl in the prom pictures they show on the TV. The school didn't know about the murders until minutes before graduation. So the chairs of the Murderer and the one victim, sat empty. They made an announcement after commencement. My wife's cousin was a graduate as well, and went to a different party that night, but her graduation party was very somber.

I think I knew the grandparents as well if they are the farm with the cattle. Just acquintances, but nonetheless absolutely sickening.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Here's the latest from the Bellefontaine Examiner on this tragdey. Seems there was family strife

http://examiner.org/index.php

Turn Off Ads?