Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you feel the recent board changes have been good for the site?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

79 68.10%
  • No

37 31.90%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What's the point?

Re: What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    This is how I feel: I want Ribs and Potato Salad for dinner and no heartburn afterwards.
    Malox.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Creek = teh rock.

The thing I don't like is how self conscious the whole two tiered system has made some folks. Let it go. Talking about it makes us all sound like a bunch of high school kids talking about how pretty we are. Yeah, we might be gorgeous, or maybe not, but if we don't stop talking about it, everyone is going to think we are idiots, no matter how good we really look.

I think the less we talk about this stuff, the better off we'll all be.

The only other thing I'd like to say is that don't give negative points to someone unless you really think their input is harmful to the Redszone community.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

The only other thing I'd like to say is that don't give negative points to someone unless you really think their input is harmful to the Redszone community.
    As do I. Rarely will I slap a neg on anyone unless there is profanity or something along those lines.

And for all those who complain about having to read two boards... I guess I dont understand that. I find that twice the RedsZone reading is twice the pleasure. If its so much work to consume RedsZone, maybe you could look at it differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew the Red
    Its really hard to get rep point if u just started out and u dont have any buddies to give u rep points,
    Anyone wanna be my buddy??
    I gave you some over the weekend. Just keep making good posts, and you'll get to your 200 points. I give out all 5 of my votes everyday on the Live board. I'm sure there's others that do the same. Just be patient and make good posts, and you'll get there.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, I think it has improved things a bit. At first I was a little miffed about being "left out", but I moved up quickly enough. I enjoy reading both boards because if one board's topics don't interest me, there will always be something good on the other. There are quite a few good posts on here lately and I don't have any problem giving out my allotment of rep points every day. Those who write good posts are going to move up. I don't give points because so and so is a favorite, but because I like what so and so wrote. I don't think I'm the only one who sees it that way.

The point is that, occasionally, we get threads like these, which are good for some light, humorous reading when one is downing their morning coffee and gearing up for their day at the office.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCat
    Negative Rep was never a means for punishing different opinions. Its a means for indicating dissatisfaction with a post/poster that lowers the civil nature of the board, hopefully allowing the poster to learn what is or is not acceptable.
    You just hit the nail on the head.

Folks should NEVER be dinged because someone disagrees with their opinon. They should only be dinged when they attack other posters or otherwise derail a thread into a pissing match.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192
    You just hit the nail on the head.

Folks should NEVER be dinged because someone disagrees with their opinon. They should only be dinged when they attack other posters or otherwise derail a thread into a pissing match.
    Bingo

Monger

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    And please define what 'proves' they are 'true fans'? Is it the ones that agree with the stat crowd ad nauseaum for fear of being beaten into submission by multiple posts submitted by that clique? Or is it the ones that actually observe the game and form their opinions based upon observation in real time?

And what qualifies as 'knowledgeable'? Is it someone that can break down a stat sheet or is it someone that can recognize a flaw in a swing or a pitching delivery?

Sorry, but if it's going to be a discussion board, you have to allow all opinions and let readers agree or disagree.

Rem
    So, is it your experience that ORG posters are all sabermetricians and dont give out rep points to any post unless it espouses that viewpoint?

As to your question about the definition of knowledgeable, I would say either skill would make one knowledgeable about baseball. I would also say that the ability to observe and understand both would enhance one's baseball experience as well as make for the most intellectually stimulating conversation.

I am a new member, so I cannot say if this system is better than the old system. I can say that I come here to have discussions with knowledgeable fans who root for the same team as me. Since I can do that, I am happy. If I am able to accumulate rep points so that I am invited to join a group of discussions in addition to these, I would happily do both.

ask mark hyman!

I don't know which cracks me up more - the rep points or the people on here who worry about them? If the authors of this site want to segregate the boards, then so be it...they can do that. If you're bent out of shape b/c your reputation isn't what you think it ought to be, I would first suggest you get a life before arguing your case to the mods.

Just post where you can, when you want and what you want and quit worrying about what you cannot do.

Turn Off Ads?