Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dave Matthews Band

Re: Dave Matthews Band

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Deer Creek is a great venue.
    Its actually Verizon Music Center now.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just got my tickets for Columbus today. Wasnt sure if I wanted to go and decided this weekend I would, found some decent tickets on ebay. I might cry if they dont play JTR though.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    Its actually Verizon Music Center now.
    not to me.
    School's out. What did you expect?

not to me.
    No doubt... that was a GREAT venue when it opened, such a great venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    I have to say it's my favorite other than Alpine. I haven't been to the Gorge or Red Rocks but of the midwest venues Alpine and Deer Creek are 1a and 1b. I was extremely impressed with the people Saturday night. Everyone was very chill and friendly. Normally at most places I've been, people act like idiots and try to push their way to the front, but at Deer Creek no one was pushing at all. I will definately go every year since it's such an easy drive and there is relatively little traffic.
    Red Rocks rules, I hear the Gorge is nice... but I haven't gotten the buzz to drive the 4 hours there yet.

My favorite of all time was the Berkeley Greek Theater and then Frost Ampitheater... everything else pales in comparison for outside... except Alpine in the mid 80's... and that's where I met my wife.

not to me.
    I know I have seen probably 40 shows there and still call it Deer Creek, just as the RCA dome will always be the Hoosier dome and Cinergy will was and always will be Riverfront.

I love the albums by Dave but am I the only one who cant stand the jams? I have seen Dave once and left after about 10 songs, I liked the first 7 minutes of Jimi thing but the last 10 drove me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsIn07
    Yeah Caseyfan21 I already know about dreamingtree.org, that and bt.etree.org is where i get all their stuff. Yea, I agree with you I'm liking the new stuff, Sister, I Won't Give it Away, Idea of You have all been pleasent suprises. Unfortunatly I can only go to Riverbend for the rest of the year, I'm really jealous that you're going to all those shows!
    DT and Etree might be two of the greatest inventions to music fans. That and the ridiculous tapers in the DMB community. I got home around 3 am Sunday morning and was already able to download Dreaming Tree, Idea of You, and #40. That's just crazy...

Riverbend will be rocking for sure. Guster is also playing with Ray LaMontagne at Fraze on July 30 so that would have been a great few days of music. Riverbend always gets a great show anyways. I am looking forward to seeing OAR and Robert Randolph out west though. Mule will be a great opener in Cincinnati and Warren Haynes will probably come out for a tune or two.

If anyone is interested I could have a pavillion seat available for tomorrow night in Columbus. If anyone wants it and it is not taken yet you can have it for like $20. Just let me know.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Good show last night in Michigan. As per "Dave Matthews Band Live Show" rules, they didn't play any of my personal favorite songs (Warehouse, Crush, What Would You Say, Wasting Time) -- but it was still good nevertheless.

They did "debut" (or claim they were debuting -- for all I know they've been playing this song at all their live shows thus far) a new song called "Kill the King" which had a great sound to it. I'll be looking for a show bootleg to hear it again at some point.

Oh yeah -- the DTE Music Ampitheater in Detroit has the worst traffic flow of any location I've ever been to.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Caveat, your right that was the first time Kill the King has ever played it sounds a bit rough right now but not half bad.

What is "Wasting Time"? I think you mean Waste which is a Phish cover thqat that Dave use to play back pretty frequently in 2001 and still plays on the Dave and Friends tour.

PM if you want a mp3 of Kill the King from last night, or I could post here.

I thought by wasting time he meant Stay. Oh well. I really like the two new songs and cant wait for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    I thought by wasting time he meant Stay. Oh well. I really like the two new songs and cant wait for tonight.
    Do'h that's probably what he meant, for some reason Waste was the first thing in my head. Heck IIRC it's titled Stay (Wasting Time) on BTCS.

Have fun tonight kbrake! Really hasn't been a bad show yet and hopefully that continues.

Just got back from Columbus. Absolutely loved it. JTR was great, I like the new songs, and Big Eyed Fish was nice. Also went with a friend who does not care for DMB, but had not seen them before and he really enjoyed it so that was nice. Really leaning towards trying to come up with tickets for Riverbend now.

Turn Off Ads?