Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave Matthews Band

Re: Dave Matthews Band

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon
    Thanks for the advice. We're going to be there for quite a few extra days so that I can see some of the sights around DC. Any recommendations?
    I'll PM you...I've got plenty.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cant wait for the tour to start. Going to at least one night in Columbus and hopefully the Cincinnati show. Anyone w/ extra reserved seating for Cincinnati let me know. I dont think the new CD is that bad at all but I really cant say I had my hopes up that high. I doubt they will ever top Red Rocks.

Could I have been lost somewhere at Red Rocks?

That CD is insane, no matter what they put out after awhile I always find myself going back to good ole Red Rocks

Any you guys going to Columbus tonight?

I'm glad I skipped Columbus last night -- wasn't really overwhelmed by the setlist. I will be in Indy on Monday night.

yeah I know, I was worried that chose night 2 but after seeing the setlist I am really looking foward to tonight. Hope Indy goes well Monday, see you guys later.

Last nights show was absolutely amazing. That was by far the best I have seen the band in three years. The jams were incredible and the set list was the best I have personally got to see live. I would be so happy if Riverbend was half as good.

Do they have the setlists from previous shows listed on a website of some sort?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Nermind. I found it.

Last night's show sounds like it would have been real, real good, at least as far as the setlist goes.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Do they have the setlists from previous shows listed on a website of some sort?
    There are a lot of cool sites for that. Check out antsmarching.org or nancies.org. Then there is always davematthewsband.com.

Glad to hear that the Columbus show was good. I can't wait for next week!

Wow, a lot of DMB fans here. I saw him back in 98 I guess it was and it was, IMO, the absolute worst live experience I've ever had with a band. My wife even fell asleep!

Hopefully he's gotten better since then.

Disclaimer: I started out a metal kid, and evolved into other forms of music, but aside from Tori Amos all the concerts I've been to have been of the metal/rock variety so that could possibly have some affect on my dislike of DMB.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

The jams were what did it last night and had you been there last night I dont see how anyone could have fallen asleep. Carter was just unreal with drums and when Robert Randolph came out to guest for a couple songs the place was going insane.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    The jams were what did it last night and had you been there last night I dont see how anyone could have fallen asleep. Carter was just unreal with drums and when Robert Randolph came out to guest for a couple songs the place was going insane.
    I can't wait...I already have the cooler and the beer is chilling for some pre-concert tailgating on Monday. Rumor has it that DMB is going to hit Red Rocks at the end of the tour. I would love to see that show -- the first there since the fabled Live at Red Rocks.

Lost count of how many times I saw Dave Matthews back when he was making constant rounds through Virginia during my grad school days. Actually, I liked Boyd Tinsley's band better.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?