Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the Only One?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Am I the Only One?

...or did any one else think Kyle Lohse looked really good tonight?

Outside of that first inning, Lohse looked really good up there. And then seeing him hit 93 and 94 consistently sure was encouraging. Right now, I think he may have the best pure stuff in the rotation. The great thing is, I think he may be winning with great pitching rather than just smoke and mirrors.

You can agree to disagree, but I think Lohse could have some success pitching at the bottom of this rotation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Am I the Only One?

Yep. He looked awesome tonight. Too bad Majewski and Bray have blown it for him is his 2 starts though...
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Yep. He looked awesome tonight. Too bad Majewski and Bray have blown it for him is his 2 starts though...
    Eh, I don't think it matters too much if they get the win in the end. Which they didn't in the first game, but hopefully will pull off tonight. Wins for a SP are the most overrated stat in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush
    Eh, I don't think it matters too much if they get the win in the end. Which they didn't in the first game, but hopefully will pull off tonight. Wins for a SP are the most overrated stat in the first place.
    True. Let's hope Everyday Eddie can hold it together for us!
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'm going to have to disagree. Sure a guy can have an ERA of 5 and still win 20 games if he has a great offense behind him, but the point of any competition is to get those W's. As long as the guy is going out each time and doing enough to get the win for the team, then winning is never overrated.

And yes, Lohse looked great again tonight.

I think a lot of ppl on here have to eat some crow so far for their words about Lohse after the trade went down.

It's a small sample size for Lohse, but so far, so good.
    I hate the Cubs!!

The thing I like about him is what he does when he has a 0-2,1-2 count. I have yet to see him just throw one across the middle of the plate in that situation as soo many of our other pitchers do.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

...or did any one else think Kyle Lohse looked really good tonight?
    His two outings for us have been darn good IMO.

Last night he was really mixing it up, using his change up, and keeping them off balance. The 1st inning was the only trouble he had.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Lets hope he can ride the "new to the league" wave combinded with whatever groove he appears to be in for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    His two outings for us have been darn good IMO.
    Impossible. You might not have read what was written about him here when the trade was made, but I did .

I think both Lohse and Ryan Franklin have both looked pretty solid in their recent appearances.

Lohse came from the AL. Give him a year in the NL for the hitters to get use to him and then judge him. Arroyo had the same thing going for him. Now they have him figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    Lohse came from the AL. Give him a year in the NL for the hitters to get use to him and then judge him. Arroyo had the same thing going for him. Now they have him figured out.
    I don't think they have Arroyo figured out....I just think the last month and 1/2 that Arroyo has been throwing MEAT to the batters. His placing absolutely sucks this half of the season as opposed to the first half. Lefties are eating him alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    Why? People around here don't wait a year to claim that a pitcher sucks, so I'm not going to wait a year to voice my evaluation either. I think both Lohse and Franklin are pitching well right now. Period.

Arroyo is a different story. He has pitched the second most innings in the NL prior to his last start and it looks like things are going to remain the status quo as long as the bullpen continues to blow games for him.

Turn Off Ads?