Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dunn going to be traded?

Dunn going to be traded?

Hello all, I have been in new jersey for about the last week, I talked to a friend here in ohio over the weekend and he mentioned that he and his father were listening to 700 WLW after a reds game, and that the subject of Adam Dunn being traded came up quite a bit. Can anyone that was listening or that has heard anything on the subject please update me??? Thank you very much....

I sure hope not. :thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ws1990reds

Re: Dunn going to be traded?

He is the most likely of the outfielders to be traded by the Reds, because of his pending salary, their need for starting pitching and a true leadoff guy.

Man I hope we keep him for the long haul.....we really need to build around someone!

It's all just Cincinnati based speculation at this point, but it does make sense.

He's going to cost around $10MM with arbitration, and the Reds don't have that much money. And with options like Kearns, Griffey, and Pena, that makes Dunn available. Not to mention he holds the most value out of any of the outfielders, so they could catch a real nice return.

But when it's all said and done, I think trading him will go up their with trading Frank Robinson. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    He is the most likely of the outfielders to be traded by the Reds, because of his pending salary, their need for starting pitching and a true leadoff guy.
    How is Freel not a true leadoff guy?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    He's not scrappy enough.

Freel is the wandering nomad of our lineup.

He doesn't play everyday, thanks now to Michaelangelo's David patroling the MIF again.

I was wondering the same thing. Is he not scrappy enough?

But when it's all said and done, I think trading him will go up their with trading Frank Robinson. Just my opinion ofcourse.
    I agree....I really think dunn is gonna hit 600+ HR, and for those of you that say that homeruns aren't everything, I pay $$$ to go to the park and watch Dunn play. He will put people in the seats at GABP forever, as long as he is a red. Make him a career long red or at least through his early 30's

Back to the main point, did anyone hear what was speculated on 700 WLW about Dunn?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I was wondering the same thing. Is he not scrappy enough?
    you sir, are moving in on my terrortory. I'm going to have to ask you to back off.

That Dunn trade talk was generated by Alan Cutler on WLW. Cutler said the Reds can't afford to keep Griffey, Casey and Dunn, for the salary he will make, next year. And he said that Dunn doesn't produce enough RBI for what he will make.

But take it with a huge grain of salt. It was conjured up by Cutler, who is quite possibly WORSE than Andy Furman (not easy to do since Furman knows nothing about sports).

Am I not scrappy enough for the scrappy club?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Am I not scrappy enough for the scrappy club?

I'm the only one scrappy enough for anything.

Thank you Reds/Flyers. I thought that the actuality of the discussion were real rumors, not just a talk-show host saying Dunn should be traded. That said, we better lock him up long term.

Turn Off Ads?