Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dunn going to be traded?

Re: Dunn going to be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by SplitFinger
    walks dont count as contact. dunn has only had 19 HITS all of may which was 95 AB
    So...you would rather see someone make contact(an out most of time) instead of taking a walk?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ws1990reds
    He is the most likely of the outfielders to be traded by the Reds, because of his pending salary, their need for starting pitching and a true leadoff guy.
    Maybe so, but did you hear anything about him being traded?

I will be devastated if/when that day comes.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

walks dont count as contact. dunn has only had 19 HITS all of may which was 95 AB
    So then you are saying that Casey grounding into DPs are good because he made contact....I like Pena a lot but I will take Dunn and his BB rate with 19 hits over a guy that doesn't walk but makes contact all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    That Dunn trade talk was generated by Alan Cutler on WLW. Cutler said the Reds can't afford to keep Griffey, Casey and Dunn, for the salary he will make, next year. And he said that Dunn doesn't produce enough RBI for what he will make.
    What is wrong with these people with the RBI thing? First it was sac flies and now it's RBI. And they're really hard to get when he leads off the inning about 25% of the time! He led off three times last night and two times tonight.

Sometimes it just makes one wonder just how much these guys know about the game of baseball.

Hey WLW!!!! There has to be runner on base to get RBIs... do ya hear me screaming??????
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

All we've heard for the past 6 years from the Reds FO is that we will contend and keep our best players.We've been lied to from them so much that I would'nt put it past them to trade Dunn were they are so dumb.What kind of statment would that be giving us reds fans if they would trade Dunn?? I'll tell you what I would say and think if this would happen.They don't want to win and don't care about the city of Cincinnati and the reds fans.

They should be trying their hardest to build around the likes of Dunn,Kearns,Pena,Casey,and Wagner.IMO these our the main players that wee need to keep and try and build a team that can contend with the better teams in the NL.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

WVPac-I would like to see them keep Dunn but I also know that he has the most trade value of anyone on our team. If Dan O. could trade Dunn and bring back a solid return that would imporve this team (solid pitching) it wouldn't bother me, the problem is I don't know if the Reds FO has the ability to evaluate talent well enough to get a good return.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing though, Casey should be moved the first chance we get, building around Dunn, Kearns, Pena, and Wagner is fine but Casey is not the guy I want this team built around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Sanchez
    WVPac-I would like to see them keep Dunn but I also know that he has the most trade value of anyone on our team. If Dan O. could trade Dunn and bring back a solid return that would imporve this team (solid pitching) it wouldn't bother me, the problem is I don't know if the Reds FO has the ability to evaluate talent well enough to get a good return.

I do have to disagree with you on one thing though, Casey should be moved the first chance we get, building around Dunn, Kearns, Pena, and Wagner is fine but Casey is not the guy I want this team built around.
    Yes he does have the best trade value of them all and to get a solid starting pitcher we have to give up one of the three outfielders or casey.IMO I would'nt trade Dunn,the guy will be a great player for years to come.I would like to see Kearns get on fire and and build up his trade Value then make a trade for a pitcher.

As for trading Casey,I just can't see our best hitter for the past few years being traded.That would be another stupid mover IMO!! I would rather see Kearns traded and keep Dunn,Pena,and Casey.Those three players to me have outplayed Kearns in every catagory and to trade any of the three would put this team back another two steps behind the better NL teams.
    Last edited by WVPacman; 06-01-2005 at 12:49 AM.

And don't forget Harang, Claussen, Freel, and Lopez!

If DOB trades Adam Dunn, he will NEVER get like talent in return... I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't even get major league talent... only prospects, which may or may not turn out to be good. Thus, he'll give up a sure thing in order to get a maybe thing.

Ugly. Very ugly indeed. Keep Adam Dunn!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    And don't forget Harang, Claussen, Freel, and Lopez!

If DOB trades Adam Dunn, he will NEVER get like talent in return... I'd be willing to bet he wouldn't even get major league talent... only prospects, which may or may not turn out to be good. Thus, he'll give up a sure thing in order to get a maybe thing.

Ugly. Very ugly indeed. Keep Adam Dunn!
    Oh yeah,TB we have to keep Harang,Claussen,Freel and Lopez for sure.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Unless it's a blockbuster, I say there's no way a Dunn deal happens before the ASB this year.
    /r/reds

My feeling is this (sigh) i love Dunn of all the reds players. But i see the day coming when he walks from our beloved reds. If i am the gm i ask for the moon and settle for no less than 3 top prospects and a number 1 pick. The first team that comes to mind for me is the angels. discuss all i would love some feedback.

I didn't say anything about walks.

WMP strikes out every 3 ab, Dunn strikes out every 3 ab.

Dunn had 18 hits last May and he survived.

WMP had 18 hits in 80 AB last August and walked 3 times for a .279 OB%.

BTW Dunn this May 21 runs scored, 3rd in the NL, WMP last August 12 runs scored.

So walks must count as something.

OK, Let's trade Dunn, Casey, Pena and Kearns for pitching prospects.

Now we're the Houston Astos getting shut out at least twice a week.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-01-2005 at 05:37 AM.

I'll tell you what I would say and think if this would happen.They don't want to win and don't care about the city of Cincinnati and the reds fans.

They should be trying their hardest to build around the likes of Dunn,Kearns,Pena,Casey,and Wagner.IMO these our the main players that wee need to keep and try and build a team that can contend with the better teams in the NL.
    My feelings exactly. They trade Dunn and I'm done. I will never buy another ticket to a reds game. I will follow some other team in some other city that keeps it's great players or commodities that come up through the system.

I'll tell you all something, my uncle and I (he's a die-hard Cleveland Indians fan) go round and round about our teams (Indians v. Reds rivalry). His one staple argument that he goes to every time is 'At least we have a plan!' And I have to admit on this one, he is right, and it hurts. The Indians locked up their young talent and commodities (like Dunn is to us). The indians have a history of signing their young players before they get too high priced, this tradition was started by John Hart and was done w/ ALbert Belle, Baerga, Manny Ramirez, Thome, Kenny Lofton, Alomar, and it has carried into the present with guys like Victor Martinez, Travis Hafner, CC Sabathia, and Jake Westbrooke. It upsets me that we wait around to lock up a guy like Dunn to a LTC, a guy that's been an allstar, puts up #'s, PLAYS EVERY DAY, and puts fannies in the seats of GABP. I don't understand what they are waiting on, but if Dunn is traded or not offered at least a decent LTC, and is just allowed to walk, well then I will never be back as a fan, and the Reds will have suffered a great loss, because I am a great fan, a fan that shows up to the ballpark no matter how bad the team is or what attractions are at the ballpark. I am just interested in the product on the field, and I wanna see Dunn there for years to come.

Only fools trade Dunn, and I keep telling myself that. I don't think Dan O' Brien wants to be that guy, because when you trade a guy like Adam Dunn (Ahem.....frank robinson come to older fans' memory?) and you miss on the prospects you get, you not only lose your job, but you are etched forever in the minds of the baseball world as a bust yourself. O' Brien doesn't have the "Sack up" to trade Adam Dunn, a guy who will probably hit 600 Homeruns in his career. Hopefully he has the sense to lock him up to a 6 yr. contract and spend the rest of the extra $$ on pitching. This is the one guy you build an offense around.

I keep asking people who say "Lock Dunn up long term" this question: "What if Dunn doesnt want to sign long term."

Does anyone think about that? If he has made it clear to DanO that he isnt interested in playing for the Reds past his current contract, then isnt it the wisest of ideas to trade him for a top shelf stud pitcher and maybe a 1st round pick???

Turn Off Ads?