Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dunn going to be traded?

Re: Dunn going to be traded?

I keep asking people who say "Lock Dunn up long term" this question: "What if Dunn doesnt want to sign long term."

Does anyone think about that? If he has made it clear to DanO that he isnt interested in playing for the Reds past his current contract, then isnt it the wisest of ideas to trade him for a top shelf stud pitcher and maybe a 1st round pick???
    Dunn already stated publicly that he wanted to be a Red long term. This was in the preseason in an interview that was publicsized on ESPN.com I believe. I will be searching for it and will post the link shortly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

WOW LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!!!!

Adam Dunn wants to be an astro, so I will totally contradict myself right here......

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3206271

(Scroll Down)

Dunn an Astros wannabe
    Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who went to New Caney High School and has a house on Lake Conroe, admitted Tuesday he'd like to play for the Astros at some point during his career.

"That's something I do think about, growing up as an Astros fan and keeping my home here during the offseason," he said. "It's hard not to think about it. I have no say in that right now, so I just have to go out and do my job."

Dunn is a couple of years away from free agency, meaning the only way he could wind up in Astros uniform any time soon is by a trade. Dunn is second in the NL with 14 home runs, but he is frustrated at the Reds' slow start.

"We had such high expectations with this (Reds) team," he said. "We've been taking one step forward and five steps back."

Man that just stinks, what AD said. You never heard Albert Pujols say "Sometime I'd like to be a Yankee."

Sickening on Adam's part. A division rival at that.

Do we really expect DanO to do an about face and become the right minded GM we need? I know I'm not holding out much hope for that to happen. That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he were to deal both Dunn and Kearns, while keeping around guys like Casey and Randa.

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Man that just stinks, what AD said. You never heard Albert Pujols say "Sometime I'd like to be a Yankee."

Sickening on Adam's part. A division rival at that.
    I don't know if Pujols ever said he wanted to be a yankee, but I do remember he showed little or no allegiance to the Cardinals when talk of his extension came around. IIRC, he specifically said he wanted to see what the market would bear. The fact that he got locked up was just another feather in Jocketty's cap.

Is it Who-Dey time yet!?!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    I'm not sure I understand. Can you expand on this?
    Dunn is a slugger everytime he walks up to the plate its either a walk, homerun, or strike out. I'd like to see more base hits, walks only get you to first base and all the doubles guys hit before him. Pena and Kearns both have a better chance of getting base hit (not a homerun walk or strikeout) than Dunn. Walks are overrated when your Dunn because they dont hit anybody in and thats what we need our 5-hole hitter to do. Not unless the situation is rare is anybody gonna get a game winning walk.

With the Dunn is consistentl on the field i ment he is rarely injured unlike Kearns Griffey and Pena
    :freel: Harold Reynolds's All-Star Snub

Pena and Kearns both have a better chance of getting base hit (not a homerun walk or strikeout) than Dunn.
    So the fact that Dunn's hits are of 51% EBH vs Penas 43.66% EBH is bad?

And the extra 6.34% singles somehow negates the extra 10%-12% of times that Dunn doesn't make an out vs Pena

Dunn has hit .300 in the Minors, WMP hasn't and they both K at the same rate.

You're using Pena's April to boost him and Dunn's May to bump him. Both are small sample sizes.
    Last edited by westofyou; 06-01-2005 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SplitFinger
    Walks are overrated when your Dunn because they dont hit anybody in and thats what we need our 5-hole hitter to do. Not unless the situation is rare is anybody gonna get a game winning walk.
    And all this time, I've been thinking getting players on base was a way to score runs???

The ability to draw walks should never be considered "overrated". The fact that it's coming from our 5-hole hitter is more a reflection on the incompetence of one Dave Miley than it is on Adam Dunn. Put AD and his .407 OBP in the 3 hole and leave him there.

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    WOW LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!!!!

Adam Dunn wants to be an astro, so I will totally contradict myself right here......

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3206271

(Scroll Down)

Dunn an Astros wannabe
    Reds outfielder Adam Dunn, who went to New Caney High School and has a house on Lake Conroe, admitted Tuesday he'd like to play for the Astros at some point during his career.

"That's something I do think about, growing up as an Astros fan and keeping my home here during the offseason," he said. "It's hard not to think about it. I have no say in that right now, so I just have to go out and do my job."

Dunn is a couple of years away from free agency, meaning the only way he could wind up in Astros uniform any time soon is by a trade. Dunn is second in the NL with 14 home runs, but he is frustrated at the Reds' slow start.

"We had such high expectations with this (Reds) team," he said. "We've been taking one step forward and five steps back."
    Adam Dunn did NOT say he wants to be an Astro! He's a Houston local; the reporter played on that by asking the question. AD said yeah, I think about doing that someday.

No big deal. All players think about playing for the team they grew up watching... and some even do it, usually late in their careers (read: Griffey, Clemons, Pettitt, and others that I can't think of in this split second).

No way did he say, "Absolutely! Trade me to the Astrols RIGHT NOW!).

BTW.... NY is not Pujols home town so that wasn't a very good comparison.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Last night Ryan Wagner said on the Astros broadcast that both he and Belise were big Astro fans, as are the other guys who grew up in that area and now play for the Reds.

Dunn has had a miserable 100 ab's in his home town, that in itself could make him want to stay away for there.

Not to mention the large amount of jack the Astros already have on the future books.

Is it Who-Dey time yet!?!

Maybe we can actually get someone good if we trade Dunn. We wont get anything good for Kearns. Dunn has more trade value than Kearns or Pena b/c 46 HR last year. If the D-Rays can get Kazmir for V.Zambrano we can get someone just as good for Dunn, it'll be hard to find, but its possible.
    :freel: Harold Reynolds's All-Star Snub

Manny Ramirez made a considerable stir in New England a couple of years ago when he said he had always wanted to play for the Yankees. When he was a free agent, however, it was Boston which got picked with Cleveland the runner-up. Sometime the hometown dreams do not get followed.
    Last edited by klw; 06-01-2005 at 01:55 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Dunn is a couple of years away from free agency, meaning the only way he could wind up in Astros uniform any time soon is by a trade.
    OkeyDokey... we'll take Clemens and Petitte.

still upset me

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Last night Ryan Wagner said on the Astros broadcast that both he and Belise were big Astro fans, as are the other guys who grew up in that area and now play for the Reds.

Dunn has had a miserable 100 ab's in his home town, that in itself could make him want to stay away for there.

Not to mention the large amount of jack the Astros already have on the future books.

Exactly westofyou,I don't see Dunn going nowhere exspecially to a team thats in our own division.That would be stupid to trade our best power hitter to the Astros a team that we will face 19 times a year.Im sure Dunn is going threw a rough time right now just like the other players are but things will get better and all the players will be happy again and we won't have to worry about anybody leaving.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?