Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise's recent behavior putting Mission Impossible III at risk

Re: Tom Cruise's recent behavior putting Mission Impossible III at risk

Back in the late '80's I was offered a position with the Church of Scientology to market the science fiction books written by L. Ron Hubbard. Part of the interview process was a tour of the Church's headquarters in Hollywood. I have to say it was rather odd to be shown Hubbard's office which, at least at that time, was maintained exactly as he left it on his last day before he died---complete with papers on the desk, hat hung on the coat rack, pens left where he had dropped them, etc.

Of note was that the Church didn't require that I was a member of their organization nor that I even expressed any interest in their viewpoint. It was simply a business decission about who could more effectively provide the business services they needed. (shrug)

Rem

PS: I didn't take the job.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There is a lot of information about scientology here. It is largely from people who experienced its glory and tried to get out.

Brooke Shields Strikes Back

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed....lmes%20romance

Actress BROOKE SHIELDS and TOM CRUISE's ongoing feud has intensified - after the SUDDENLY SUSAN star mocked the16 year age-gap between the actor and his new girlfriend KATIE HOLMES.

Cruise - who has helped people fight drug addictions through his controversial Scientology religion - recently attacked Shields for becoming dependant on anti-depressant Paxil, following the birth of her daughter ROWAN.

And Shields has continued her war of words against Cruise following his "dangerous" comments, by offering him a child ticket so he can take Holmes to see her in hit London musical CHICAGO.

She says, "If he wants to see Chicago, I've left him two tickets - one adult, one child."

The actress recently took a swipe at Cruise's religious beliefs, by saying she wouldn't take advice from someone who devotes his life to aliens.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Man Pills

Re: Brooke Shields Strikes Back

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed....lmes%20romance

Actress BROOKE SHIELDS and TOM CRUISE's ongoing feud has intensified - after the SUDDENLY SUSAN star mocked the16 year age-gap between the actor and his new girlfriend KATIE HOLMES.

Cruise - who has helped people fight drug addictions through his controversial Scientology religion - recently attacked Shields for becoming dependant on anti-depressant Paxil, following the birth of her daughter ROWAN.

And Shields has continued her war of words against Cruise following his "dangerous" comments, by offering him a child ticket so he can take Holmes to see her in hit London musical CHICAGO.

She says, "If he wants to see Chicago, I've left him two tickets - one adult, one child."

The actress recently took a swipe at Cruise's religious beliefs, by saying she wouldn't take advice from someone who devotes his life to aliens.
    From tight blue jeans to whippin' up on Tom Cruise, you gotta respect America's Sweetheart!

Scientology def scares me. And I view Brooke speaking out about taking meds for depression as something positive (just my opinion) because there are no doubt people out there who are suffering and could get help. Whether it is a shrink or whatever... help is help.
    But the lesson here; if you are a celebrity...keep your mouth shut because SOMEBODY will waste you for speaking your mind. Only non-celebs are able to do that it seems.
    I'm just happy to be here
    We're gonna take it one game at a time
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wally post
    Scientology def scares me. And I view Brooke speaking out about taking meds for depression as something positive (just my opinion) because there are no doubt people out there who are suffering and could get help. Whether it is a shrink or whatever... help is help.
    But the lesson here; if you are a celebrity...keep your mouth shut because SOMEBODY will waste you for speaking your mind. Only non-celebs are able to do that it seems.
    I'm just happy to be here
    We're gonna take it one game at a time
    etc.
    Yep! Anonymity has it's perks!

Rem

I understand what you're saying Jay, and agree 100%. You've worded it fine.

Freedom of religion is what this country is built on. People can devote themselves to any faith they choose as long as it doesn't impinge on my rights. I should have a right to privacy in that people should not come on my property to push their religious agenda. People should not approach me in an airport to hand me pamphlets. I should not be pulled aside every 20 feet at the Taste of Cincinnati to hear someone's spiel. I have a right to personal space. It's disturbing and occasionally frightening.

If I'm interested in a faith, I'll attend that church. If you want to get a message across, rent a hall and sell tickets to those interested.

Leave me alone. I'm an adult and quite capable of making my own decisions.
    Pots and Kettles

There is a lot of information about scientology here. It is largely from people who experienced its glory and tried to get out.
    Thanks for the link, ochre.

I visited the site and am now even more bewildered as to why someone would buy into Scientology. A person must have some really serious issues in order for that stuff to sound the least bit sane.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I understand what you're saying Jay, and agree 100%. You've worded it fine.People should not approach me in an airport to hand me pamphlets. I should not be pulled aside every 20 feet at the Taste of Cincinnati to hear someone's spiel. I have a right to personal space. It's disturbing and occasionally frightening.
    That reminds me of the scene from Airplane! where the guy is going through the airport terminal and he keeps getting accosted by people giving him pamphlets of some sort and he finally ends up punching them and throwing them out of the way.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

http://www.freekatie.net/

Some fans are not to thrilled with the romance!

Why won't this story die? It's becoming worse than Bennifer. Tomatie?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050611/D8ALF1G00.html

NEW YORK (AP) - Tom Cruise says girlfriend Katie Holmes "digs" the Church of Scientology. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Cruise says the 26-year-old "Batman Begins" actress is curious about Scientology, founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

"Yes, absolutely. She digs it," the 42-year-old actor tells the magazine.

When asked if he's become more passionate about Scientology, Cruise says: "I've always been passionate about it. I've always talked about it when people asked about it."

He also confirmed there was a Scientology massage tent on the set of his upcoming film, "War of the Worlds."

"I also had a cappuccino tent on that set. And I made sure the crews were fed well, too. And if someone wanted an assist from a (Scientology) volunteer, it was there for them," he says. "People are curious about it - they're always asking me about it, they want to know what Scientology is."

In an EW.com poll, 61 percent of respondents said they liked Cruise less now after the recent exhaustive attention to his personal life, 3 percent said they liked him more, and 36 percent said their viewpoint of the "Top Gun" star hadn't changed.

When asked by the interviewer if he's going to propose to Holmes, Cruise whispered, "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Why won't this story die? It's becoming worse than Bennifer. Tomatie?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050611/D8ALF1G00.html

NEW YORK (AP) - Tom Cruise says girlfriend Katie Holmes "digs" the Church of Scientology. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Cruise says the 26-year-old "Batman Begins" actress is curious about Scientology, founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

"Yes, absolutely. She digs it," the 42-year-old actor tells the magazine.

When asked if he's become more passionate about Scientology, Cruise says: "I've always been passionate about it. I've always talked about it when people asked about it."

He also confirmed there was a Scientology massage tent on the set of his upcoming film, "War of the Worlds."

"I also had a cappuccino tent on that set. And I made sure the crews were fed well, too. And if someone wanted an assist from a (Scientology) volunteer, it was there for them," he says. "People are curious about it - they're always asking me about it, they want to know what Scientology is."

In an EW.com poll, 61 percent of respondents said they liked Cruise less now after the recent exhaustive attention to his personal life, 3 percent said they liked him more, and 36 percent said their viewpoint of the "Top Gun" star hadn't changed.

When asked by the interviewer if he's going to propose to Holmes, Cruise whispered, "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."
    Well, that poll solved it for me; I don't know about any of you cats.

I hope one day I can talk about "religion" in this way: "'She digs it.'"

"Digs?" Where do I sign up?!!

It just won't die.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/...ise.holmes.ap/

Friday, June 17, 2005 Posted: 1514 GMT (2314 HKT)

PARIS, France (AP) -- Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I've never been to the Eiffel Tower. It's Paris, it's a beautiful city, it's very romantic."

Cruise said no date for a wedding has been set: "We haven't discussed that -- one step at a time," he said. "Let's see. We're not sure."

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film "War of the Worlds" next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Holmes did not speak to reporters, but at one point, Cruise whispered to her: "Are you OK?" Afterward, the two hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

"I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had," said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.

Cruise and Holmes have faced repeated rumors of marriage. The relationship started after Cruise split from actress Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their long-standing engagement.

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, "Batman Begins." She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology -- Cruise's religion. The former star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

They showed Katie Holmes on the Today show this morning and she looked like she was drugged. She said, I mean slurred, "I'm very, very happy." or something resembling that.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Hopefully, marriage will be just what Tom Cruise needs to settle down.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?