Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: BoSox Trade Rumor!!

Re: BoSox Trade Rumor!!

Everyone quit your goofy-arse bickering. You're giving me a damn headache.

Anyway, the number one reason to trade Case is to open up 1B and 8.5 million for Dunn and an LTC. I'm sure even Obie can figure that out.

Well, I'm not totally sure.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can we give Obie negs?

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    Can we give Obie negs?
    Nope. I've tried numerous times but to no avail.

Remeber that Dunn doesn't like 1B though. I dont think hes gonna be as enthused about a longterm deal at 1B as we are.

I still think Ramirez is the guy we need to get for either casey or dunn. Shoppach doesnt impress me at all and im not sure why u guys are enthralled. He's very good defensively but hits less than LaRue. I'd much rather draft Clement and hope he shoots through the system. Maybe Shoppach and one of the SS because im not a LaRue fan but o well

If they refuse Ramirez, 3 of the Bo Sox top 10 prospects are SS. I'd still want Lester and one of those two other guys. I'll post their Baseball America layouts...

6. DUSTIN PEDROIA, ss Age: 21 B-T: R-R Ht: 5-8 Wt: 180
    Drafted: Arizona State, 2004 (2nd round) Signed by: Dan Madsen

Background: Pedroia represents one extreme of the tools vs. performance debate. He's not physically gifted, but he wins. A two-time All-American at Arizona State, he had no problem adjusting to Class A in his pro debut. He batted a combined .357 and didn't commit an error in 42 games.

Strengths: Pedroia has tremendous ability to handle the bat and control the strike zone, making him a candidate to bat second in a big league lineup. His hands and fundamentals are excellent at shortstop, and the Red Sox believe he'll be able to stay at that position. He enhances his average speed with uncanny instincts.

Weaknesses: Several scouts have questioned whether Pedroia has enough arm and range to play shortstop. The presence of Hanley Ramirez in the system may make that question moot. Pedroia never will be a home run threat, though he'll have some gap power.

The Future: Pedroia may start his first full season in Double-A. He could be Boston's next Jody Reed, who began his big league career at shortstop before moving to second base.

Keep Lopez at SS and have him at 2b?

7. LUIS SOTO, ss Age: 19 B-T: B-R Ht: 6-1 Wt: 180
    Signed: Dominican Republic, 2003 Signed by: Louie Eljaua

Background: Former international scouting director Louie Eljaua left to become a Pirates special assistant in January 2004, but he left Soto as a going-away present. Signed for $500,000 just before Eljaua departed, Soto rated as the Gulf Coast League's top prospect in his pro debut.

Strengths: Boston's minor league instructors have been told not to touch Soto's swing. He has great hand-eye coordination, quick hands and a fluid stroke from both sides of the plate. He has more power potential than any hitter in the system, with the chance to become a 30-homer hitter. His strong arm is his best defensive tool, and he also has good speed. He adapted well and picked up English quickly in his first year in the United States.

Weaknesses: While Soto has natural actions at shortstop, his instincts and fundamentals lag behind because he has limited game experience. He makes contact so easily that he won't draw many walks unless he becomes much more patient.

The Future: With a number of shortstops ahead of him in the system, Soto likely will begin 2005 in extended spring training before heading to short-season Lowell in June. If Hanley Ramirez indeed is Boston's shortstop of the future, Soto could move to third base.

2004 Club (Class) AVG OBP SLG AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB
    GCL Red Sox (R) .261 .289 .470 134 22 35 9 2 5 16 5 22 4

Very nice post.... i like the outlook and scouting report on Soto. Get him lol Solid SS or 2B later on atleast. Him or Lopez at SS and the other at 2B would make for a nice middle IF
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

i'll stand correct on shoppach looking at his current stats. He his hitting .279 with a .392 OBP... History would say he wont keep that up but he does hit for LaRue like power so with better defense he would be an improvemetn that is pretty close to ready. Maybe deal LaRue at the deadline or nontender him next year if we got SHopach

Is it Who-Dey time yet!?!

Redsox Pitching Prospects to look at:

Jon Papelbon (#91 on Baseball America's Top 100 Prospect List)
    24 years old
    AA Portland Sea Dogs- record 3-2, 2.10 ERA, 15 BB and 48 K, 7 HR in 55.2 IP
    -Scouting Report: Good pitcher's build with a live arm and solid delivery. Fastball has been clocked up to 95 mph, typically hitting the low-90s with great command. Very good slider and changeup, as well as a slurve curveball. All can be thrown for strikes, and Papelbon has improved his consistency with these pitches. Papelbon also added a splitter to his arsenal in the spring of 2005, after some tutoring from Curt Schilling. Projects as a frontline starter. - soxprospects.com

Jon Lester
    21 years old
    AA Portland Sea Dogs- record 2-1 , 3.27 ERA, 18 BB and 53 K, 4 HR in 52.1 IP
    -Scouting Report: Very athletic lefty - fastball reaches low 90's, with an above-average change-up, along with a curveball that is slowly improving. Has an easy delivery motion which has helped him to a fantastic sophomore season. Lester also throws a cut fastball, a changeup, and a curveball. He currently projects as a middle-rotation starter, but his ceiling is very high if he can improve his secondary pitches. - soxprospects.com

Anibal Sanchez
    21 Years Old
    Scouting Report: Sanchez throws a mid-90s fastball with excellent control and great movement. Also throws a fantastic curveball and a plus changeup. Very high ceiling, but lack of experience may currently deter any high projections. - spxprospects.com

Abe Alvarez
    22 Years old
    Scouting Report: Tall and lanky lefty. Has been compared to Orel Hershiser and Jamie Moyer. Changes speeds well and hits his spots with consistency. Fastball isn't fantastic, topping out in the mid to high 80s, but throws all of his pitches with pinpoint control. Best changeup and command in the Sox farm system. Curveball needs some work. Very mature, knows what he needs to do to prepare for each game. Very focused. Legally blind in his left eye. Wears his hat to the side to balance the lighting in his blind eye - not as a fashion statement. -soxprospects.com

Andrew Dobies
    22 Years old
    -Scouting Report: Dobies is a fierce competitor with a nice delivery. Fastball hits the high 80s, which is varied by an excellent changeup and a decent slider. He also throws a nice cutter as an out pitch. Doesn’t walk too many batters.
    -soxprospects.com
    :freel: Harold Reynolds's All-Star Snub

BoSox4Life

I am indeed Grid's "3 diehard Sox fans." lol I will tell you who you wouldn't be getting in the deal. Ramirez or Pedroia.

We're going to keep Hanley around and prolly move him to CF. We expect not to resign Damon, so they are saying Ramirez will be the CF of the future...we'll see. I can see Pedroia at 2B next season at the earliest....if not, the following year. Mark Bellhorn is going to try to bring us to arbitration. He's going to price himself out of what we would pay him....plus he sucks.

Shoppach I could def see coming to you guys. Tek is signed long-term and Shoppach will not see the light of day in Boston. He was actually brought up to b/c Mirabelli is on the DL (Wooten was up, but then sent down when Shoppach came up). Why you ask? We're obviously trying to showcase his talent you MLB. He's got great potential.

And yes McAdam is a Red Sox "clubhouse insider" and has an inside track on this rumor. Peter Gammons who is on WEEI each week backed up the rumor.

Looks like your guys might be wearing another shade of red come July....
    Last edited by BoSox4Life; 06-03-2005 at 01:29 PM.

I like Pedroia the best out of Boston's middle infield prospects. Pedroia(.313/.388/.506) is outhitting Ramirez(.299/.351/.458) at Portland(Bos AA squad).

Luis Soto is struggling away in low-A ball.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-03-2005 at 01:28 PM.

If no Hanley Ramirez in a Casey deal, I want Shoppach and Lester for Casey, and obviously, no cash included on our end as well.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

BoSox4Life

From what I hear, Lester is not in the Red Sox future plans, so that deal would work.

Quote Originally Posted by The_jbh
    I still think Ramirez is the guy we need to get for either casey or dunn. Shoppach doesnt impress me at all and im not sure why u guys are enthralled. He's very good defensively but hits less than LaRue. I'd much rather draft Clement and hope he shoots through the system. Maybe Shoppach and one of the SS because im not a LaRue fan but o well
    I'm not sure where you got the idea that Shoppach hits as bad as LaRue. Since LaRues incredibly good year in 1998 at AA, he has yet to hit above .250 at any other stop.

Shoppach has progressed a level every year so far since being drafted out of Baylor. A at 22, AA at 23, AAA at 24, and now ML at 25.

He had a bad year at AAA last year, but was hitting .279/.392/.571 at the time of his callup this year.

Shoppach should not be the center piece of any deal for Casey or Dunn, but he should be included in either one because the Reds desperatly need a good young hitting catcher, and Shoppach meets that and is good defensivley as well.

EDIT: I see you changed your stance before I finished this post
    Last edited by Buckeye33; 06-03-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Casey is the perfect hitter for Fenway. He would pepper balls off the Green Monster. Fenway was made for left handed hitters who inside-out the ball(Wade Boggs). Any other park those opposite field pops to left are outs but they are singles and doubles in Fenway.
    Last edited by flyer85; 06-03-2005 at 01:44 PM.

BoSox4Life

Casey is #1 on the Sox radar. The only downside to Dunn is his Ks. We already have Bellhorn to K, we don't need another one (weren't they both at the top of the most Ks last season?).

In response to the lineup, it would prolly be #3 Oritz, #4 Manny and #5 Casey (or Dunn). Who hits 3/4 has been a hot topic here in Boston, and after all the talk, I don't see anyone but Ortiz or Manny filling those spots.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox4Life
    Casey is #1 on the Sox radar. The only downside to Dunn is his Ks. We already have Bellhorn to K, we don't need another one (weren't they both at the top of the most Ks last season?).

In response to the lineup, it would prolly be #3 Oritz, #4 Manny and #5 Casey (or Dunn). Who hits 3/4 has been a hot topic here in Boston, and after all the talk, I don't see anyone but Ortiz or Manny filling those spots.
    For sure you would not want Casey in the 3 spot...Double Play king...him in the 5 or 6 spot with the BoSox lineup would be SCARY.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?