Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Congressman claims he had secret terrorism sources before Sept. 11

Congressman claims he had secret terrorism sources before Sept. 11

http://www.cq.com/public/20050603B_homeland.html

By Eileen Sullivan, CQ Staff

Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., knew the United States was a terrorist target before the Sept. 11 attacks because of a secret source — “Ali” — but the CIA refused to listen, the congressman writes in a new book.

In “Countdown to Terror: The Top-Secret Information That Could Prevent the Next Terrorist Attack on America . . . and How the CIA Has Ignored It,” Weldon details intelligence secrets “Ali” has provided and warns that Iran, not al Qaeda, is the United States’ biggest enemy, according to the book’s description on Amazon.com. The 256-page book, published by Regnery Publishing, will be released June 13.

In the book, Weldon exposes warnings from his source that Iran will attack America next; that Iran, not al Qaeda, is actually the nexus of Islamic terrorism; and that Iran has an advanced nuclear program.

Weldon is vice chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee and chairman of the House Armed Services Committee’s Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces. He has been outspoken about the federal government’s lack of attention to terrorism before the Sept. 11 attacks.

“Countdown” is his first book. A company in his Pennsylvania district, DIANE Publishing Co., has repackaged some of Weldon’s congressional testimony for sale, for which his staff said he did not receive any remuneration.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Congressman claims he had secret terrorism sources before Sept. 11

Regnery Publishing
    Heh. The self proclaimed leading conservative publishing house in America. I'd think even junk like this would be beneath them.

Actually, no I wouldn't. They publish crap by the truckload.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., knew the United States was a terrorist target before the Sept. 11 attacks because of a secret source — “Ali” — but the CIA refused to listen, the congressman writes in a new book.
    Maybe I should write a book, too. I knew the US was a target for terrorist attacks before September 11 and I didn't even need a secret source.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    Maybe I should write a book, too. I knew the US was a target for terrorist attacks before September 11 and I didn't even need a secret source.
    My thoughts exactly. If Rep. Weldon knew before 9/11/01 that on that date al Qaeda intended to hi jack four jetliners and fly them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and possibly other targets, that would be news. "Knowingly" that the US was a terrorist target prior to 9/11/01 means nothing-that much I knew.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Was his Top Secret source titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US"?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/

Turn Off Ads?