Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

Apparently, John Allen arrived in Denver unannounced today. I'm not sure if they said he held a press conference, but some sort of gathering was held where he publicly announced that ownership (or upper management?) is not happy with the direction the club is going and something will be done about it within the next 10 days.

They're going to talk more about it later on the show and during the game.

Sorry my details are so unclear but I was in another room and was only half listening. When I realized what they were talking about, I tried to piece together what I thought I heard.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

I sure hope you heard right Team Boone, if a team was ever in need of a change in direction, its this one.
    Baseball is life

If anything it will be nothing more than another helping of misdirection without addressing the REAL problem with team. My guess is it will be Miley. I'm not against getting rid of him, but it won't make any difference. This is a BAD team. I wasn't against waiving Graves, but that move also didn't really matter.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Something tells me if something is up, during the 2nd inning (Marty with writer), we'll hear about it....

The only question is why they would have to wait 10 days to get rid of Miley. The only thing I could think is they have a replacement in mind and they are trying to negotiate with them to take over this team.

TB, you heard right. I'm taping it and just went to watch it. Jim Day said Allen did hold a press conference, to state that management is not happy with the direction of the club. He didn't name any names, but said "it's time to turn it around or else." I didn't hear anything about 10 days, but I only watched the first couple minutes.

Day did say that Allen would be joining them during the game broadcast.

it wont matter. unless owner, gm, and coach are all gone, nothing will change. if only one or two are changed, odds are we will still suck. sure we might get a momentary boost from something new, but it wont last

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed
    TB, you heard right. I'm taping it and just went to watch it. Jim Day said Allen did hold a press conference, to state that management is not happy with the direction of the club. He didn't name any names, but said "it's time to turn it around or else." I didn't hear anything about 10 days, but I only watched the first couple minutes.

Day did say that Allen would be joining them during the game broadcast.
    Someone will need to recap that for us...

Why do you have to hold a press conference to tell us your not happy that we are playing like crap?

Do something!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    Why do you have to hold a press conference to tell us your not happy that we are playing like crap?

Do something!!!!!!!!!!
    Just to let everyone know they are exploring all options both internally and externally...

They're going to talk more about it after the commericial that is running right now.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

The ultimate problem with this franchise is the ownership and I don't see them firing themselves. It will just a shuffling of a manager and some players that won't really help.

So Allen thinks they will suddenly turn into a good team in the next 10 days?

Sounds like PR damage control.

OK, I just watched more of the pregame show, and Grande said that Allen was also going to discuss some prostate cancer initiative that is going to be held over the next 10 days.

So I'm guessing that's what the 10 days is about.

Well...this got my attention! Much more than the play of the reds has this year. Thanks for posting that Matt! Hopefully they do the right thing.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Turn Off Ads?