Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

Re: Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

I have a feeling that Miley's services will be terminated when the plane lands in Covington. Narron will be interim man, Bowa will be here after the all-star break
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    anyone else notice REDREAD hasn't been on since last night?
    Pots and Kettles

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

John....errr...RedRead gets real upset when you blow his cover on here guys

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I made some quick calls but no one picked up. My guess would be Miley will get the axe. Just a guess.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed
    Actually I think there was one little bit of info there. He had some one on one conversations with players he has known for a long time. (he said 10 years). That sounds to me like getting opinions on Miley.
    Who's been on the team for 10 years, even including minor league time?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Jason LaRue is one.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Greene pulled a hammy, OUCH
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

I know this team may need more discipline, but for the love of Sparky, there must be a better answer than Larry Bowa!

Besides, what kind of signal would that send? Hiring Larry Bowa during a prostate awareness campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Who's been on the team for 10 years, even including minor league time?
    I don't know about the ten years...but I figured he was talking about Jason LaRue, Kent Mercker, Sean Casey, and Ken Griffey Jr.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Man Pills

What if they keep peeling away the layers of the onion and find Rich Aurilia has been at the center all along?

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Miley gone. Narron Interim. Chambliss given 10 days or he will be fired. Gullett Reassigned (they owe him a lot of money). Ruhle in. Griffey Sr. on call. No Bowa. Reds will talk to Manuel, Graham, Terry Collins and short list of others. No decision until early July or the All Star break. This is my educated guess.

I had one call back today and he too believes Miley is getting the axe "right about now". LOL! Thank GOD.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Actually, REDREAD is probably laying low so he doesn't look too excited about the change of events [he might start liking the FO-can't have that... ]
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Miley will be fired but the person that replaces him is Aurilia.... now Aurilia gets to play every day.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Miley will be fired but the person that replaces him is Aurilia.... now Aurilia gets to play every day.

Not quite sure that's necessary. The craziest thing about this team is that there is only one guy who HAS to be in the lineup every day if he's healthy. It's not the guy that hit 46 homeruns last year, it's not the guy with the .400+ on-base percentage and all the steals, it's not the two young outfielders with unlimited upside, it's not even the 500-HR Hall of Famer or the potential All-Star shortstop who is turning heads all over the league. No, it's a has-been/steroids never-was who is hitting a hair over .200, won't take a walk, has no range in the field, and apparently complains to the media when superior players play above him.

Seriously, this Aurilia fixation has got to be one of the most puzzling things I've ever seen in sports.

Turn Off Ads?