Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

Re: Anyone watch Reds pregame? (significant)

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Miley is history. Allen is just doing due diligence, talking to a few players first.
    It didn't really sound to me like John Allen had his finger on the trigger to fire anybody. What I gleaned from his conversation with "the boys in the booth" is he was just hoping things just got better so he wouldn't have to to any of that messy firing stuff.

Allen said something along the lines of "never say never", like "Well, yeah, it's possible I might do something extreme, but it's not on my current list of things to do."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks for your thoughts, TCII.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    Miley would be gone before Dan O'Brien.
    and Jerry Narron would take over and we're still in the same place
    Go Gators!

What did Marty have to say about all of this?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The gutsy thing for Allen to do would be to fire DanO (and then resign). The safe thing to do will be to fire Miley. Not that Miley doesn't deserve to be fired but perhaps he would manage different if DanO wasn't around. And if he doesn't, he gets the boot as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

For the last time, I'm not John Allen

Allen needs to fire DanO too, and then fire himself. I don't want to hear any BS about how Allen wanted someone other than DanO.. If that's true, Allen didn't assert himself and further proves that Allen has zero value to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    The gutsy thing for Allen to do would be to fire DanO (and then resign). The safe thing to do will be to fire Miley. Not that Miley doesn't deserve to be fired but perhaps he would manage different if DanO wasn't around. And if he doesn't, he gets the boot as well.
    I tend to agree with firing DanO and then see what happens with Miley. It couldn't hurt.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Movement to Come?

With Allen showing up in Colorado, and an off day on Monday I'm willing to bet we see some sort of move made on Monday. I for one think that a trade is in the works, and I'm figuring that Allen's talk with Griffey was more about him being a leader and taking charge of this team. Now I know Wily Mo's coming back for the TB series, and I"m gonna say Romano gets sent back down. Thats not the big move though, I think the move will be one of these here:

1)Miley,Gullet,and Chambliss get the boot

2)Casey/Larue- are traded to the Red Sox for Shoppach(c)ML, Abe Alvarez(p)AAA,and Jon Lester(p) AA

3)Dan Obrien gets the boot

I'm betting on #1, and they are replaced by members within the organization on an interim basis and reavaluated at the end of the year. Hopefully we will get a competent manager who knows how to make game winning decisions.

Turn Off Ads?