• Spurs

24 72.73%
  • Pistons

9 27.27%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals: Spurs/Pistons

NBA Finals: Spurs/Pistons

So who do you think will win?

A good finals for hoops purists. The two teams play true team ball (as much as you can in the NBA).

I thought the Heat was going to make it, but when Wade got hurt and Shaq was already dinged up, I knew they were doomed.

Pay attention to the open sky

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA Finals: Spurs/Pistons

As much as I dislike the NBA, I do like the way the Pistons play. I also like that they win without the proverbial NBA super-super-superstar like Kobe or Shaq. I hope they can make it two straight.

I am a Pacers fan and after the whole brawl thing I have to root against them so GO SPURS!!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Gotta go with my current hometown team.
    /r/reds

Dunno..Larry Brown?
    Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Due to a few bad Detroit fans from earlier this season... I am rooting for a Spurs sweep.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

I've been watching Tim abuse Rashweed for over a decade now.

No reason to think that's gonna change now.

Here's another question:

Which is more painful to watch - the 2006 Reds pitching staff or Ben Wallace at the foul line?

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Pistons....Tayshaun Prince.

Could care less about the rest of the team, just remember that when the brawl broke out against the Pacers, Tayshaun stayed on the bench during the whole thing.

Oh, and did I mention he went to UK (I know, Mohammed did too)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

La Dolce Vita

Go Tayshaun!
    teach tolerance.

I'm not much of an NBA fan, but I didn't like the Thomas-Laimbeer "Bad Boys" Pistons on the early 1990s, and I don't like the current Pistons either. I was rooting for the Heat because (1) Dewayne Wade seemed like a good guy and (2) I was hoping Shaq would win a title while Kobe's Lakers stayed home. Now I'll root for the Spurs.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Good ballgame last night. Defenses dominated (if there was ever an understatement, that's it).

Rasheed had Duncan's number early but Tim wore him down. Duncan isn't affected by Rasheeds' woofing. Duncan kept the Spurs in the game early and Genobili and Parker took them home. Genobili is absolutely fearless going into the lane.

Detroit's late run to cut a 17 point lead to 7 had me nervous. Billups was great all night. Hamilton got taken out of his game a little bit. Rasheed disappeared the second half.

Ben Wallace should go to Rick Barry-style free throw shooting. For the life of me, I can't understand how a world-class athlete can be so brutal shooting a little free throw.

I'm probably one of the few people in the world that like listening to Hubie Brown. The man knows his hoops.

I still think the series will go 7 games.

So what country was Alanis Morrisette a citizen of before? Canada? I thought she did a good job on the National Anthem.

And someone tell me just why did Will Smith perform?

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    As much as I dislike the NBA, I do like the way the Pistons play. I also like that they win without the proverbial NBA super-super-superstar like Kobe or Shaq. I hope they can make it two straight.
    I am the exact opposite. I love the NBA, but can't stand the way the Pistons play. Plus, I despise Larry Brown. Before last night I though the Spurs would make fairly quick work of the Pistons, and after the game, I guess there is no reason to change that opinion. Manu Ginobili is incredible.

"I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I'm probably one of the few people in the world that like listening to Hubie Brown. The man knows his hoops.
    Preach on, Brother Roy.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I still think the series will go 7 games.
    I'll be shocked if it goes more than five. This Spurs team is the best NBA team since the last of the Jordan era Bulls in the late 90s.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Turn Off Ads?