Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-9 vs Rays....are the brooms coming out?

Re: 6-9 vs Rays....are the brooms coming out?

T Hall flied out to center.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another 4-pitch walk?

Does he not feel right if there isn't someone on base?

Maybe it's the REDS conditioning that has him doing that....then he wakes up and gets people out.

E Perez hit for C Fossum.
    A Gonzalez walked.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

He's setting up the DP, right?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

How's Griffey looking in center these days? Obviously, he's never going to have the range he had in his 20s, but since I rarely get to actually watch the game, I was curious as to how he's doing now as opposed to early in the season, where it was universally understood that he was limited out there.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I forgive Jr on this one. It was a double play, but if not for Lee, it would have been a hit. The ball was scorched.
    Again, thanks for the visual.

E Perez grounded out to second, A Gonzalez to second.

Whenever I see Jason go to the mound I am reminded of him talking about how he handles pitchers. He said you go out and say to some of them "get your crap together and throw some strikes". Others you have to go out and pat them on the butt and tell them "it's going to be okay". He just went out and patted Luke's butt.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

For a Level Playing Field

Carl Crawford goes yard to RC on a 3-2 pitch. 5-3, REDS.

I was so hoping for fewer runs scored by TB tonight.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    How's Griffey looking in center these days? Obviously, he's never going to have the range he had in his 20s, but since I rarely get to actually watch the game, I was curious as to how he's doing now as opposed to early in the season, where it was universally understood that he was limited out there.
    He's looked at lot better at the games I have been at. Seems to be running full out in the field (but not on the baespaths). Saw him dive for a ball once. My heart skipped a few beats on that one.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Casey saved a throwing error on Freel with that nice snag at first. I like when they can pick each other up like that.

IMHO, Jr's looking real good in center. He still easily gets to balls that others struggle for (or just don't get to), partly because Jr still has a great eye for the where the ball's going as soon as its hit.

Even with the HR, Luke's doing well tonight, especially for his first start since last year.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-09-2005 at 08:42 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Hudson looks like he could have used some more rehab time. His release point is even wilder than usual. But going against the DRays, maybe that is what they thought

Luke has a 3 walk/0 strikeout ratio through 5. You won't have much success in the majors with a ratio like that.

4-pitch walk caught up to him.

Can still make this a quality start...7 innings 3 earned runs...

Quality start, earn you.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    Like you said, the range will never be the same, but age would have done that as well, he has looked better with every passing week it seems. Every so often there is a flash, or the occasional dive and he looks perfectly healthy. He's probably 85% of what he once was as an OFer.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Luke has a 3 walk/0 strikeout ratio through 5. You won't have much success in the majors with a ratio like that.
    Bringing back a weak-shouldered pitcher too early?

Probably.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?