Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Draft Thread

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: 2005 Draft

In the Feb. Preview, BA also lists Bruce as one of the Best "Pure Hitters" in high school baseball

http://www.baseballamerica.com/onlin...soverview.html

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Time is the Revelator.

We have too many guys from Texas.

I'd be thrilled if they come out of the draft with Bruce. Though if Pelfrey or Hochevar drops to #12 they've got to think long and hard about it. Actually, they've got to pre-think it since they won't have the time to ruminate should it happen.

It'd probably cost them $4M-$5M. Don't know if they've got the scratch for it.

Anyway, here's a callout to princeton, what you thinking with this draft? I'm planting my flag on Bruce.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Everyone can breathe easier, Volstad has said, according the BA Blog, that the only teams who've mainly been in contact with him are the O's, the Mets and the Yanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    Everyone can breathe easier, Volstad has said, according the BA Blog, that the only teams who've mainly been in contact with him are the O's, the Mets and the Yanks

Whhhheeeeew.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I'm breathing easier, but I'm still worried about Chaz Roe and the guy from Utah.

Bruce commited to Tulane huh?

I have changed my opinion of him and now think he should go to college.

Go Wave
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

TeamOneBaseball is showing that Upton, Gordon, Clement went 1,2,3. Has the draft started?????

http://teamonebaseball.rivals.com/draft.asp?Draft=50
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Nationals take Zimmerman.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

1 (1) Justin Upton Arizona Diamondbacks INF/OF Great Bridge HS
    (Consensus #1 pick is the brother of Devil Rays BJ Upton, #2 overall in 2002.) D-Backs take the top overall talent, will he stay in the infield or immediately go to CF? His bat is more advanced than his brother's at this stage of their development.
    2 (2) Alex Gordon Kansas City Royals 3B Univ. of Nebraska
    (Many wondered if Royals would go with a signability pick, instead of the best player at this spot. Gordon's tool set rates with the best in the nation.) Big time bat, solid defender, above average runner, and a gamer mentality. Gordon will be expected to move very quickly.
    3 (3) Jeff Clement Seattle Mariners C University of Southern California
    (Clement has beeen on the radar since he set a national home run record in high school.) Clement brings a solid combination of power from the left side of the plate and has good catch and throw skills. He plays everyday and plays hard.
    4 (4) Ryan Zimmerman Montreal Expos 3B Univ. of Virginia
    (Obviously the team name is Nationals, Rivals has not updated this system yet. In any case, Nationals have to be somewhat cost conscience.) Zimmerman is a solid baseball player but is perceived to be more affordable than some others who might otherwise go at this position.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I thought the draft started at 1?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I thought the draft started at 1?
    me too, I'm just posting what's on there.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

They haven't updated anything in awhile (its been on the 5th pick for 10 mins or so), so maybe that's a glitch???
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

TeamOneBaseball just cleared their board. That must have been a glitch.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The MLB broadcast starts at 12:50. Right now they've got a scout on talking about how hard it is to project hitting. Silly man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?