Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Draft Thread

Re: 2005 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Yeah. With three years between picks.

That's "years". Not "days".
    Hey, that's pretty good. I don't see it as just another sign that the Great Tribulation is near, though. Hopefully Loo will be flattered and sign this time.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Hey, that's pretty good. I don't see it as just another sign that the Great Tribulation is near, though. Hopefully Loo will be flattered and sign this time.
    Psst...considering that the Reds needed Loo's permission to select him again this year you might want to look at it as more of a safety net for the player. For example, if Loo blows his knee out at the end of next season and/or can't elevate his draft status to make him unaffordable to the Reds, well...the Reds already have something invested in him (like two draft picks now). You can see the dynamic from there.

Smart thing for the player to do. Not so much for the Reds.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I look to be drafted by the Reds tomorrow. I have no primary pitch,but can spin a variety of 60mph secondary pitches for juicy pitch to contact strikes. And I'm highly signable.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Did Kenny Maiques get drafted today?

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    I look to be drafted by the Reds tomorrow. I have no primary pitch,but can spin a variety of 60mph secondary pitches for juicy pitch to contact strikes. And I'm highly signable.
    The Reds will be drafting me tommorrow also.
    If I loosened up my arm and got it in pitch mode I could probably get it up to at least into the 80s and could have a chance to hit the 90s. I used to pitch in little league all the time and played 3rd base when I wasnt pitching. I also have a good bat, and Im VERY signable.

Pay me & BOS league minimum and we will sign.

p.s. I also have a dog named "DOGGIE" who would be the new Reds mascot... but the only thing is he farts alot.

I think it is safe to say that this was not a draft based heavily (or perhaps at all?) on statistical analysis, but those good ole guts that have served men so well lo these many years, esp a team with the Reds draft history
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Bailey and Bruce are heart of DanO's project right now. I wonder how another scouting director rather than Renyolds would have handled DanO's philosophies during the draft? Does DanO believe Renyolds is going a good job? Does he replace him(if still GM?)?

This draft really has me ill, but something about Bruce and Ward got me giddy that something may come out of it and sweep the rest of the junk away from memory. Time to go to the nuthouse.

We won't know for a time but certainly wasn't a Moneyball draft

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Typical Terry Renyolds draft. The good news is, it may be his last.
    Set back one more year are we?

Yeesh..heres hopeing some of these guys just explode on the scene
    Go Gators!

Well RL Duncan finally got chosen in the 14th round to the Minnesota Twins. I found some stuff on Team one about him, they had him rated fairly high, had him their #10 LH pitcher out of HS. Here is the link. http://teamonebaseball.rivals.com/vi...3&pr_key=32830

Round 19 to start any minute now.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

We're gonna get an ace today
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    We're gonna get an ace today
    We very well could pick guys today that out-produce guys that were picked yesterday....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    We very well could pick guys today that out-produce guys that were picked yesterday....
    Positive thinking
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Positive thinking
    My feelings on yesterday's picks are akin to being asked to hold a hand grenade, although I'm slowly warming up to a couple of yesterday's picks.

I'm still shaking my head over the Travis Wood pick in round 2, though. That was just plain stupid by anyone's measure.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?