Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Draft Thread

Re: 2005 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    My feelings on yesterday's picks are akin to being asked to hold a hand grenade, although I'm slowly warming up to a couple of yesterday's picks.

I'm still shaking my head over the Travis Wood pick in round 2, though. That was just plain stupid by anyone's measure.
    I am warming up to some of the players taken yesterday and Wood being a lefty that can hit 95 on the radar gun might be an interesting pick if he can add a breaking pitch. I thought I read he had an avg changeup so if he can improve it this pick might not be so bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My problem with Travis Wood is that the Reds probably could have gotten him in a later round if they wanted, but certainly could have chosen someone better in the 2nd round
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

By the way, the Reds 15th round pick was rated the ninth best high school 2nd baseman in the country by Team One.

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    My problem with Travis Wood is that the Reds probably could have gotten him in a later round if they wanted, but certainly could have chosen someone better in the 2nd round
    Exactly. I'm guessing he would have been there in round 4. There were soooo many better options for them with that 2nd round pick.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The Mets took Timothy Grogan a 3B from Western Kentucky U in the 19th round.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Savafan Who is that PHAT girl in the picture below your name???

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    Savafan Who is that PHAT girl in the picture below your name???
    Lindsay Lohan. I expect the Reds to take her at shortstop in the 21st round, because she's scrappy.

Reds take Eric Eymann, SS from Kansas St.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Isn't she the one that Disney digitally reduced her Breast for the new Herbie movie

Eric Eymann SS Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I'm still shaking my head over the Travis Wood pick in round 2, though. That was just plain stupid by anyone's measure.
    A punt to save money and sign the 1st rounder.

IMO
    Go Gators!

Eric Eymann: Large frame. Lean, rangy body. Occasional line drive alley power. Arm strength near avg. enough for routine play. Proper techniques for defensive infield actions. Will catch the ball. Aggressive, competitive makeup.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The White Sox take OF Jordan Danks 3 picks after the Reds pick in round 19.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Eymann:

.303/.358/.460 4 homeruns 39 RBI 13 BB 5 for 7 in stolen bases

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    I am warming up to some of the players taken yesterday and Wood being a lefty that can hit 95 on the radar gun might be an interesting pick if he can add a breaking pitch. I thought I read he had an avg changeup so if he can improve it this pick might not be so bad.
    Except that he has horrible mechanics. The Reds should steer clear of any pitcher with bad mechanics because they have shown no ability to fix them. This poor kid is a labrum tear waiting to happen in the Reds Organization.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?