Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 Draft Thread

Re: 2005 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    Isn't she the one that Disney digitally reduced her Breast for the new Herbie movie
    Another example of abuse of technology

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    A punt to save money and sign the 1st rounder.

IMO
    Can't be, Reynolds said they have all the cash they need to sign everyone they want.. just like Allen says that every year.

Pick 602 for the Reds, Round 20.

Benjamin Mummy, 1B, U of Nevada-Reno

R/R

6'3" 205lbs.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Pick 602 for the Reds, Round 20.

Benjamin Mummy, 1B, U of Nevada-Reno

6'3" 205lbs.
    I don't like this pick - this kid always seems wrapped up. As a matter of fact, he plays like an old, dead guy.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I don't like this pick - this kid always seems wrapped up. As a matter of fact, he plays like an old, dead guy.
    zombie gives him the , though.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The Reds drafted a Mummy!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    The Reds drafted a Mummy!
    "He can't play dead"
    Never overlook the obvious

Ben Mummy:

2003:

.256 4 homeruns 17 RBI 12 BB

2004:

.367 8 homeruns 41 RBI 23 BB

2005:

.297 18 homeruns 52 RBI 25 BB

NEVADA: Returns at first base after missing the final 22 games of last season after breaking his wrist in a nonbaseball related accident...selected as the 2005 All-WAC preseason first baseman by the league coaches and Baseball America...teams top hitter a year ago at .367 he is expected to provide the offensive punch in the middle of the lineup that he showed prior to his injury last season... enters the 2005 season with a 9-game hit streak in which he is batting .457(16-for-35) with 16 runs scored, 20 RBI, 3 doubles, and 6 home runs...the streak is the second longest for any player in the WAC heading into the 2005 campaign.

2004(Jr.): Started the first 37 games of the season before breaking his wrist in a nonbaseball accident which forced him to miss the final 22 games of the year...posted the top batting average on the squad at .367...earned WAC Player of the Week honors twice on February 8 when he hit .500 with 5 runs scored, 7 RBI, 2 doubles and a home run then again on April 19 after batting .500 with 6 runs scored, 2 doubles, a home run and 7 RBI...began the season with a 12 game hit streak, the final 2 games of the 2003 season and the first 10 of the 2004 year...the 12 game streak tied for the 8th longest in the WAC...collected hit in his final 9 games of 2004 before the injury...hit safely in 31 of 37 games played...hit a career single game high 2 home runs vs. SMC(4/6)...came off the bench vs. SJSU(3/26) and drove in the winning run as Nevada won 7-6...twice drove in a career high 5 runs at Louisiana Tech(4/9) and vs. Fresno State(4/16)...the 2 five RBI performances were within a 3 game span...16 multiple hit games ranked fifth on the squad and 11 multiple RBI games was fourth on the team...batted fourth in the lineup 13 times and fifth 12 times.

2003(So.): Began the season as the Pack's first baseman starting 25 games before Erick Streelman took over the position...made five starts at designated hitter...nine multiple hit(8-2hit, and 1-3hit) games and four multiple RBI(2-2RBI and 2-3RBI) games...batted .286 with two runs scored, a double, 2 home runs, and 5 RBI during his season high five game hit streak...three run homer at Hawai`i on March 21 tied for his top RBI game of the season as the Pack won 5-1...top offensive game was his 3-for-5, 3RBI game at Sacramento State that included a solo home run.

HIGH SCHOOL: Four-year baseball letterwinner playing for coach Ron Martin at Meadowdale High School in Lynnwood, Wash....all-state, all-area, and All-Wesco South baseball selection...Washington State MVP...batted .470 with seven home runs, 45 RBI, 18 stolen bases, and a 1.420 slugging percentage as a senior.

PERSONAL: Business Marketing major...born Aug. 14, 1984...son of Pam and Greg Mummy...enjoys working on cars...father played baseball at Stanford...likes to golf in his free time.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I kind of like the Mummy pick (especially considering that it's this low). It looks like the guy can hit, and developed some power last year.

Except that he has horrible mechanics. The Reds should steer clear of any pitcher with bad mechanics because they have shown no ability to fix them. This poor kid is a labrum tear waiting to happen in the Reds Organization.
    If you read the Write at MLB they said he has solid Mechanics with three pitches.

Except that he has horrible mechanics. The Reds should steer clear of any pitcher with bad mechanics because they have shown no ability to fix them. This poor kid is a labrum tear waiting to happen in the Reds Organization.
    If we have to pass on every pitcher with a mechanics issue, then we might as well close up shop now. That isn't supporting the pick, but being able to coach up players is a fundamental part of any MLB org. If we don't have the people in place to turn a young thrower into a professional pitcher, then we are altogether hopeless. Very few draft picks are going to be polished. You are right that they have shown they cannot develop pitching, but we cannot go down the road of not taking guys that need developed. We need to hope that the next step is recognizing that the development of pitchers is not only a weak link, but that we put the right people in place to change that.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Mummy Dogs

“And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I kind of like the Mummy pick (especially considering that it's this low). It looks like the guy can hit, and developed some power last year.
    I'm liking this pick as well. In fact, I rank it in my top three with Bruce and DeJesus right now. Don't forget how low Pujols and Piazza went in the draft, with Piazza only getting chosen as a favor by Lasorda to his family.

Wood's mechanics are obviously seen differently between sources. His offspeed pitch as well. I don't think it was a "punt" pick either. They really believe in the guy.

One of those Reds only understand picks.

Billy Mummy??

Wish him into the cornfields Billy!

Turn Off Ads?