Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Back in the USSR

Pragmatic Fan

Back in the USSR

This may be my last post for a few weeks or even months. I am leaving for a two-month study abroad program in Russia this Sunday and I have to go to my cousin's high school graduation in Akron tomorrow. I'll be spending six weeks studying Russian at Tomsk State University in Siberia and then two weeks seeing Moscow, Novosibirsk, and Krasnodarsk. Hopefully my host family has broadband (a guy can hope, can't he?) More than likely, though, I will be slumming it up in some Siberian internet cafe so my internet access will probably be severely limited.

Although I just joined the board in late May, I really enjoy being a part of this community. And I am really looking forward to joining the Old Red Guard one of these days...

Anyways, I'll try to check in periodically from Russia, but if I don't, just know that I haven't fallen off a cliff or something like that. Keep the pressure on DanO and Miley...I'd like nothing better than to come back and find those two fired and Casey, Milton and Wilson all traded.

--BillyBeaneFan

PS--Guess who's taking Cincinnati Reds gear for his host family? I'll see if I can bring back some pics of the first Reds fans in Tomsk, Siberia!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Back in the USSR

Good Luck BBF, hope you have a great time. Let us know about your trip. I'm sure it will be interesting.

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out
    They leave the west behind
    And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
    They Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind
    School's out. What did you expect?

Have a great time BBF, I've always wanted to visit Russia.

Jealously,
    Jaycint

Pragmatic Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I'm sure it will be interesting.
    Hopefully interesting for the right reasons...not for reasons like getting mugged or drinking tainted water and then getting some hideous intestinal virus.

Have a great time BBF I hope you have a great time bud!! Be sure to take the CD or tape of Ray Stevens and his song about USSR.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

PS--Guess who's taking Cincinnati Reds gear for his host family?
    I heard the Reds used to be pretty big over there, but they kind of faded in popularity in the early 1990s.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?