Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Casey to Mets Rumor

Sean Casey to Mets Rumor

Baseball Tonight said the Mets are looking at Sean Casey as a replacement for Doug Mientkiewicz. I would do this deal in a heartbeat, it definitely is an upgrade for the Mets, and after their offseason free agency spending this may be the piece of the puzzle to get them in the playoffs. It would be a major dissapointment if the Mets didn't make the playoffs after signing Pedro and Beltran, and the fans would be restless. I would like DanO to go after this deal NOW! here's my pitch to the Mets:

Reds trade: Sean Casey

Mets trade: Yumeiro Petit(AA) RHP Baseball America's #46 prospect and he's only 21yrs old. Having a good season at AA.

Aaron Heilman(ML) 27 year old Starter who's been relegated to the Mets bullpen, has posted solid numbers when starting but just really never given an opportunity with the Mets.

Jae Seo(AAA) 28 yr old starter. Has been to the majors, but the Mets keep jerkin him around, they would trade him for the right player. Seo's numbers have been good, but he projects as a 5th starter or long reliever.

This deal is very doable, but I insist on Petit as the centerpiece for Casey, others may be changable, if we have to eat Mientkiewicz's salary then I ask for Petit and minor leaguer Lastings Milledge(A) OF. BA's #11 prospect. The deal then would be:

Reds trade: Sean Casey 8.5 million
    Joe Valentine(AAA) RP

Mets trade: Doug Mientkiewicz 3.75million
    Yosmiero Petit AA RHP
    Lastings Milledge A OF
    Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Casey to Mets Rumor

Interesting rumor. I'd have to reasearch the stats on the involved parties.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Do the trade which I assumed was mentioned on BBTN and be giddy.

Getting 3 pitchers for Casey would be a steal. Especially when 2 of them could still be very good starters and the 3rd a decent bullpen arm with the chance of being a 5th starter.

Pragmatic Fan

It really doesn't matter what we get for Casey. Just getting him and his salary out of here is enough for me. He is keeping young talent out of the lineup and getting paid entirely too much to do it, and while he is a great guy, I'd give him away for a fungo bat.

I didn't hear the report but man o man...we'd have to be nuts not to do this.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes
    Baseball Tonight said the Mets are looking at Sean Casey as a replacement for Doug Mientkiewicz. I would do this deal in a heartbeat, it definitely is an upgrade for the Mets, and after their offseason free agency spending this may be the piece of the puzzle to get them in the playoffs. It would be a major dissapointment if the Mets didn't make the playoffs after signing Pedro and Beltran, and the fans would be restless. I would like DanO to go after this deal NOW! here's my pitch to the Mets:

Reds trade: Sean Casey

Mets trade: Yumeiro Petit(AA) RHP Baseball America's #46 prospect and he's only 21yrs old. Having a good season at AA.

Aaron Heilman(ML) 27 year old Starter who's been relegated to the Mets bullpen, has posted solid numbers when starting but just really never given an opportunity with the Mets.

Jae Seo(AAA) 28 yr old starter. Has been to the majors, but the Mets keep jerkin him around, they would trade him for the right player. Seo's numbers have been good, but he projects as a 5th starter or long reliever.

This deal is very doable, but I insist on Petit as the centerpiece for Casey, others may be changable, if we have to eat Mientkiewicz's salary then I ask for Petit and minor leaguer Lastings Milledge(A) OF. BA's #11 prospect. The deal then would be:

Reds trade: Sean Casey 8.5 million
    Joe Valentine(AAA) RP

Mets trade: Doug Mientkiewicz 3.75million
    Yosmiero Petit AA RHP
    Lastings Milledge A OF
    Thoughts?

thoughts? yea, why in the BLEEEEEEEEEP would the mets do that?

Not to be overlooked is that Casey would be reunited with you-know-who. Somebody cue up Peaches and Herb: "Reunited and it feels so good..."

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Not to be overlooked is that Casey would be reunited with you-know-who. Somebody cue up Peaches and Herb: "Reunited and it feels so good..."
    AWSOME!!!

I love that song...reminds me of 6th grade after school dance and making out with an unsuspecting Polly Mower...oh sure, I was young...but I was smooth with the ladies...of course, calling Polly a lady is suspect according to my mother who blamed her for everything when she had to attend a parent teacher conference.

Oh, ummmm...yeah, Danny and Sean together again....let the magic flow!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by macro

funny!
    Good deal to make IMO.
    for some reason that I don't understand, the mets aren't high on Heilman even though he's pitched several great outings in the majors. They are in the mix and need relievers - that's for sure! Petit is a must in the trade for me - we've gotta keep "farming". Seo isn't much - my .02

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Great! How soon can we get this approved. With Dunn's poor OF play (Nice job on that easy liner tonight) he'll make a decent 1B.

On a side note Dunn's blunder is the 5th I've watched in the last 9 games. Only once has he been given an Error. WOW!!!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

do it now dano! you won't get a better offer

BEETLEBUG says do the deal DANO!!!

Love it!
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

TeamClark took the words right out of my mouth. I like Casey alot, however, for all the doubles he hits it seems that he kills an inning with a double play ball way too often.
    How many times have we watched Dunn get turned around on a fly ball? How many times have we seem him half heartedly jump to snare one that goes over his head? I truly believe that he is ideally a first baseman because of his defense.
    Having said that I would support trading Casey prior to trading Dunn, Kearns, Pena, or Griffey.

Players on the Mets's top ten list- I like are

1. phillp humber

2. Petie

3. Milllage

---------------------

my trade would look like this Casey and Vallentine for Humber and Petit or Seo or Heilman.We need get his kid humber in any deal with the Mets.
    Last edited by Royals Fan; 06-11-2005 at 06:45 AM.

Turn Off Ads?