Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Phil Jackson back to the Lakers

Phil Jackson back to the Lakers

Per ESPNews.

He might find it a little more difficult without Shaq.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phil Jackson back to the Lakers

Phil's like the guy who kept hitting himself in the head with a hammer. Someone asked him why he did it and he said, "Becasue it feels so good when I stop."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

For a Level Playing Field

Good! The soap opera is not over in L.A.. Makes for a more interesting NBA season when there is controversy and Kobe does not run the team in L.A..

Will Kobe listen is my question? or will he pitch a fit? I know Kobe had to approve this move, but maybe he thinks it's more for the other guys who aren't picking up the slack
    Go Gators!

Retired

I've always had a lot of respect for Phil, he's one of the best ego managers ever, but this is a horrible decision. I give it maybe 3 weeks before it's going to be Phil v. Kobe II in a cage match.

It was probably between the Lakers and the Knicks. Can't say I don't blame him for not going to the Knicks with Isiah in charge and with the state of their current team. Plus his woman is the owner's daughter so a bi-coastal thing may not be real good for their relationship.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It was probably between the Lakers and the Knicks. Can't say I don't blame him for not going to the Knicks with Isiah in charge and with the state of their current team. Plus his woman is the owner's daughter so a bi-coastal thing may not be real good for their relationship.
    Agreed on the Knicks thing. They are years away from being competitive. A front office almost as inept as our beloved Reds.

$30M over 3 years would allow for me to put up with a lot of crap. Although I don't think Phil needs the dough....

My thought was that he wants to recreate the Jordan and the Bulls team with Kobe as the established superstar. Kobe showed signs of maturity this past season. He just played ball and kept his mouth shut.

The Lakers roster needs a *lot* of work though and I think they're spending cap hamstrung.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I don't know if they play their cards right with the 13th pick they could get a credible defensive player. A good shot blocker with size would be ideal.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Has anyone read Phil's post-2004-season book? I had the impression from media reports that the things Phil said about Kobe in the book damaged that relationship beyond repair.
    /r/reds

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Has anyone read Phil's post-2004-season book? I had the impression from media reports that the things Phil said about Kobe in the book damaged that relationship beyond repair.
    Perhaps after this season Kobe realized the Lakers need to be more than a one man show to win. Losing can do a lot to change someone's attitude.

But I doubt it.

Turn Off Ads?