Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should the user name of the poster leaving a rep. comment be shown to the receiver?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

105 86.07%
  • No

17 13.93%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation Points busted?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reputation Points busted?

Why do we have posters with over 500, some over 600 pts? Are they that much better than us? I don't think so.

Re: Reputation Points busted?

Does it really matter?

It's a self policing policy. There's really no way to argue with it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

It's pathetic. The self policing system wasn't design to reward buddies. It was design to judge post fairlly. It has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    It's pathetic. The self policing system wasn't design to reward buddies. It was design to judge post fairlly. It has failed.
    would somewhat agree with this feeling. Be careful, cause some of the mods will abuse u for sharing your sentiments or tell you to post elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    would somewhat agree with this feeling. Be careful, cause some of the mods will abuse u for sharing your sentiments or tell you to post elsewhere.
    Than again. It really wasn't a really tactful way to criticize. And I do apologize for that. It was a bit "nasty" and we really should focus into positive criticism. I'm not backing down from the sentiment, but it could of been convey in a more thoughtful manner.

I think this is a pretty good thread! Gave out my last three rep points for today to Reds Live! posters...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Yeah, we're such horrible people that we ban people for disagreeing with us. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Yeah, we're such horrible people that we ban people for disagreeing with us. Grow up.
    I must be rubbing off on you.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

It has succeeded enourmously, IMO. Rep points are completely irrelevant anyway. Tey mean absolutely nothing to anyone except those who haven't made into ORG.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

RedBloodedAmerican,bud as long as you are over 200 it really should'nt bother you imo.Maybe they should be a limit of the points you can get like 300 or so that that they would'nt be nobody mad or jelious.

Don't let it bother you b/c you are over 200 so just have fun.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman
    RedBloodedAmerican,bud as long as you are over 200 it really should'nt bother you imo.Maybe they should be a limit of the points you can get like 300 or so that that they would'nt be nobody mad or jelious.

Don't let it bother you b/c you are over 200 so just have fun.
    Who says it bothers me or makes me jealous?

There has been allegations in the past of an "in-crowd" mentality. Buddies pushing other point total up is just going to alienate some posters.

I haven't really been paying attention, until I noticed a few posters with over 500 points today. I just can't see how that is, if people are suppose to be fair.
    Last edited by RBA; 06-13-2005 at 11:27 PM.

Must mean something to some, if the system is abused in such a fashion. Why show a number after you made the cut?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Must mean something to some, if the system is abused in such a fashion. Why show a number after you made the cut?
    I don't know and I can't answer for the other posters on here but I would'nt care if I did'nt get anymore points b/c I have already surpassed the 200 mark and that was my goal.

hang in there man you have alot more points than I do

Who says it bothers me or makes me jealous?
    I was'nt talking about nobody,I said they could put a limit on here that would KEEP people from getting mad or jealous.Im sorry if you took it that way b/c I sure did'nt mean it that way

Turn Off Ads?