Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should the user name of the poster leaving a rep. comment be shown to the receiver?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

105 86.07%
  • No

17 13.93%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation Points busted?

Re: Reputation Points busted?

I would think 500,000 negative voting power would still need Boss approval for banishment!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    One million pts has the power to ban anyone here? Doesn't it? Why would that not concern anyone here?
    I can see where that would be a problem, but I think it's not thing to worry about for along time..years even.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Ban? There is no ban. Once you get to 200 points, it's over. You can't be "demoted" or "banned" and you can't go any higher.
    I don't believe that's true. If it is, I missed that part. Anyhow, should someone have the power to put someone into the ORG based on only one post?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Ban? There is no ban. Once you get to 200 points, it's over. You can't be "demoted" or "banned" and you can't go any higher.
    Yes you can. Once you get to 200 and are in ORG, if you get enough negatives to knock you down below 100 you can be removed from ORG until you build back up to 200.

If you go into the negatives you can be removed from the forum all together.

These types of things will be watched closely by the admins (and mods?). They are not going to let one person have the say over another member. For a person to go from 200 plus to a negative number then they REALLY have to be ticking several people off, not just a couple.

If it gets to a point where people have too much power then I guess it can be addressed then and levels raised as far as the amount of points you get to hand out??

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I don't believe that's true. If it is, I missed that part. Anyhow, should someone have the power to put someone into the ORG based on only one post?
    It is true, if I remember correctly Boss said that once you hit 200 points, you are PERMANENTLY in ORG, and cannot lose membership. Only if someone gets negative 100+ points would he "look into" banning someone, and I'm sure if all of those negative points came on one "ding", he'd take that into consideration. The people that are getting "up there" in power points are not people who abuse the system or their supposed "power". I don't think posters like westofyou, Steel, etc have even handed out a neg.

As for your second point, we've already covered that. I don't think that will come into play until at least 2007, and then, yes, maybe the system should be modified, or a cap put on "max power points". I would think the "max" should be set somwhere around 25 total points, personally. Would you be ok with that? (not that I have the power to change it, just asking)
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The only thing I have wondered about it how someone can register one day and have well over 100 rep points two days later

And it has happened - with at least three posters.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

One more thing...regarding post counts determining how many rep points you have to give out. If the board is constantly "pruned" for bandwidth issues and old posts are deleted then post counts will go down. Someone would really have to post ALOT to be able to keep up with the ones deleted.

Many people lost thousands of posts when some of the old threads in non baseball were removed. That should help to keep it under control a little.

Sounds like (unfortunately) we need Boss to clarify all of this again for us.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    The only thing I have wondered about it how someone can register one day and have well over 100 rep points two days later

Every person on this board, theoretically, could vote on the same first post if they liked it enough, and rocket someone straight to the (proverbial) stars on their first day on the board.

And people are more inclined to positively rate posts they like if the poster who made it has a low Rep... like, say, 10 or something.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't think posters like westofyou, Steel, etc have even handed out a neg.
    me?

Just 3... to inane, brow beating, moranic posts (IMO)

Anyway I'm here to talk about baseball, not rep points or abuse of powers or politics or rabble rousing ... just baseball.

If anyone wants to fret and moan over points given for talking baseball then have at it.

But if that's the case I'll have to wonder why the hell they're on Redszone then.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14

I asked about that as well. The two that caught my eye were voted on by several different people so I guess they just had really good posts and lots of people liked the posts.

I have been really watching the dates someone has registered when handing out points. I don't think a week or two's worth of posts really tells much about the person.

Anyway, if you're worried about the power of people with twenty-billion rep points kicking others out of the forums, you must be scared poop-less by the power I and my fellow mods wield.

And then there's Boss and GIK...

Somebody's going to give themselves an blood clot.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    If anyone wants to fret and moan over points given for talking baseball then have at it.

But if that's the case I'll have to wonder why the hell they're on Redszone then.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    me?
    Sorry to single you out, woy, I was just trying to make a point that most posters with 400+ rep points aren't "abusing" the system by handing out rep points at will. I would guess 99.9% of those people don't even come close to handing out 5 reps a day. Most are here quite a bit everyday, post a lot, and don't even pay attention to how many points they have or can give out.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Anyway, if you're worried about the power of people with twenty-billion rep points kicking others out of the forums, you must be scared poop-less by the power I and my fellow mods wield.

And then there's Boss and GIK...

Somebody's going to give themselves an blood clot.

I am on vacation right now. I was gonna do something fun, but I decided it was more important to stay home and work on my rep points.

Priorities, you know....

Turn Off Ads?