Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I just saw Batman Begins...

Re: So I just saw Batman Begins...

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    But she was hot.

I do agree. With Spiderman, you had Mary Jane. With Superman, you had Lois Lane. With Batman, you dont have that luxury unless you work Catwoman into the equation.
    Bah! Mary Jane Watson couldn't carry Gwen Stacey's go-go boots. Ok...ok...so Gwen did cheat on Peter with Norman Osborne (resulting in two kids). But she was still hotter.

Lana Lang was hotter than Lois seven days a week.

I haven't seen the new Batman film yet, but I would have figured that Talia (Ra's Al Ghul's daughter) would have been in the thick of things as Batman's love interest.

She and the Dark Knight did, after all, conceive a child.

But then, both Marvel and DC do cruddy work with girlfriends, wives, and love interests.

Heck, Alicia Masters proved to us all that only a blind woman would love someone who looked like The Thing. And get this- Johnny Storm ended up marrying Alicia...or so he thought...(more later)

The best squeeze Matt Murdock ever had was falsely told she had AIDS when Mysterio tangled with DD. That was a lie of course, but then Bullseye showed up and Karen Page died in Daredevil's arms. Ol' hornhead did have a fling or two with Elektra, but she always runs off. Now she's been killed by the Gorgon and reanimated by Hydra. Nice treatment there, gang. To top it all off, the blind lawyer found a blind chick he dug and ended up marrying her. Of course, he also went nuts from stress and she asked him for a divorce. Don't agree to marry crazy costumed vigilantes. That's bad.

Betty Ross loved Bruce Banner, but the whole father in law thing would have never worked out in the first place as old Thunderbolt Ross' main mission in life was to kill the Hulk.

Sue Storm could have turned her clothes invisible for any man on the planet, but chooses Reed Richards to be the lucky guy. He should have used the Ultimate Nullifier when he first faced Galactus. Would have blinked Galactus AND himself out of existence. Two birds. One stone.

While we're talking about the fab four freaks from Four Freedom's plaza, Johnny Storm got it on with Crystal from the Inhumans. She was a cutie all right. But she had to return to her home because she couldn't handle New York smog. Crystal ended up marrying Pietro Maximoff and that marriage fell apart as it was destined to because Pietro is a jerk. So Johnny moved on and ended up with Ben's old squeeze...or so he thought...Alicia Masters. Even married her. Problem is that the chick he married wasn't Alicia. She was a Skrull. There goes that one, but at least it wasn't Johnny's fault. He hooked up with a chick named Frankie Raye as well. She was cool. Then Galactus showed up and she left Johnny to become his new Herald. This again demonstrates the Reed should have used the Ultimate Nullifier. For a smart guy, Reed's pretty stupid.

Jean Grey keeps dying. Professor X loves Lilandra of the Shi'ar, but the drawback is that she needs to preen her feathers in another galaxy most of the day, leaving little time for Chuck. Oh, that, and her sister keeps trying to off everyone in sight. Marvel even killed off Wolvie's sweetie, Mariko. Snikt. Who knows if Peter Rasputin will FINALLY make it with Kitty Pryde before he gets offed again. In any case, Kitty's been waiting since before she was even legal.

Henry Pym's main relationship claim to fame is beating up his wife. And speaking of dysfunctional relationships, Wanda Maximoff married a dang Android, cheated on him with a dead guy, fabricated two kids she never had, went crazy (yes, redundant I know) and killed her hubby, Ant Man, and Hawkeye and messed a whole lot of other stuff up for the Marvel Universe by changing reality all over the place.

Over at DC, things weren't any better...

Even when they were together, the Black Canary and Green Arrow needed couples counseling.

Dick Grayson sorta had a thing for Barbara Gordon, but never even kissed her until AFTER the Joker plunked a slug into her spine; paralyzing one of the most interesting characters around. Of course, now she's another one of the most interesting characters around. But still. Leave her alone!

Ralph Dibney's wife Sue? Raped by Dr. Light, and then killed years later by the ex-wife of the Atom. Yeah. Fun.

Kyle Rayner's girlfriend? Killed by Major Force and stuffed into a refrigerator right after Rayner donned a certain green ring. He later got together with Alan Scott's emerald-hued daughter which seemed to be a match made in Oa. Eh. Broke up.

Metamorpho died. Came back to life though because heck, how can a being made of pure elements really die? Problem was that before he came back a piece of him animated itself, gained sentience and started dating an android alien chick. Not saying that it's a bad thing, but consider how messed up that'll make a robot chick from another planet.

Barry Allen gave his life to save the universe. But not before Professor Zoom killed Iris Allen. Then Wally West started dating and finally got it right with Linda Park. Problem was that Abra Kadabra blinked her out of existence, erasing her from the mind of everyone but Bart Allen. And, like anyone would believe him. That all got resolved and then Hal Jordan shows up wearing his Spectre suit, grants Wally's wish that everything change and Linda ends up forgetting HIM. Bwahahahahaha!!!!

And that's why I like Bruce Wayne's way of doing things. No mess. No committments. No problems like chicks getting killed or stolen by huge cosmic-powered planet eaters or blinked out of existence. His love-em-and-leave-em style really protects the girls in his life and keeps things less complicated for him.

Well, unless we consider all that back child support he's going to have to pay...someday...
    Last edited by SteelSD; 06-16-2005 at 01:01 AM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ok...it has come to my attention that some folks might not have a clue as to who I'm talking about when I use the first and last names in the post above.

So...FINE...here:

Johnny Storm= The Human Torch
    Bruce Banner= The Incredible Hulk
    Sue Storm= The Invisible Girl= The Invisible Woman
    Reed Richards= Mister Fantastic
    Matt Murdock= Daredevil
    Frankie Raye= Nova II
    Pietro Maximoff= Quicksilver
    Wanda Maximoff= The Scarlet Witch
    Jean Grey= Marvel Girl I= Phoenix
    "Chuck"= Charles Xavier= Professor X
    Peter Rasputin= Colossus
    Kitty Pryde= Sprite= Shadowcat
    Henry Pym= Giant Man= Yellowjacket
    Dick Grayson= Robin I= Nightwing
    Barbara Gordon= Batgirl I= Oracle
    Ralph Dibney= The Elongated Man
    Kyle Rayner= Green Lantern ? (V...I think)
    Alan Scott= Green Lantern I
    Barry Allen= The Flash II
    Wally West= Kid Flash I= The Flash III
    Bart Allen= Impulse= Kid Flash II
    Hal Jordan= Green Lantern II= The Spectre= Green Lantern II (don't ask)
    Bruce Wayne= Batman

THERE! I hope you're happy, Pedro!!!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Saw the movie tonite -- loved it. I'm a fan of Christian Bale so naturally I was pleased with his work. The movie was fairly dark with some good humor moments.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Also, nobody can stop Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Bah! Mary Jane Watson couldn't carry Gwen Stacey's go-go boots. Ok...ok...so Gwen did cheat on Peter with Norman Osborne (resulting in two kids). But she was still hotter.

Lana Lang was hotter than Lois seven days a week.

I haven't seen the new Batman film yet, but I would have figured that Talia (Ra's Al Ghul's daughter) would have been in the thick of things as Batman's love interest.

She and the Dark Knight did, after all, conceive a child.

But then, both Marvel and DC do cruddy work with girlfriends, wives, and love interests.

Heck, Alicia Masters proved to us all that only a blind woman would love someone who looked like The Thing. And get this- Johnny Storm ended up marrying Alicia...or so he thought...(more later)

The best squeeze Matt Murdock ever had was falsely told she had AIDS when Mysterio tangled with DD. That was a lie of course, but then Bullseye showed up and Karen Page died in Daredevil's arms. Ol' hornhead did have a fling or two with Elektra, but she always runs off. Now she's been killed by the Gorgon and reanimated by Hydra. Nice treatment there, gang. To top it all off, the blind lawyer found a blind chick he dug and ended up marrying her. Of course, he also went nuts from stress and she asked him for a divorce. Don't agree to marry crazy costumed vigilantes. That's bad.

Betty Ross loved Bruce Banner, but the whole father in law thing would have never worked out in the first place as old Thunderbolt Ross' main mission in life was to kill the Hulk.

Sue Storm could have turned her clothes invisible for any man on the planet, but chooses Reed Richards to be the lucky guy. He should have used the Ultimate Nullifier when he first faced Galactus. Would have blinked Galactus AND himself out of existence. Two birds. One stone.

While we're talking about the fab four freaks from Four Freedom's plaza, Johnny Storm got it on with Crystal from the Inhumans. She was a cutie all right. But she had to return to her home because she couldn't handle New York smog. Crystal ended up marrying Pietro Maximoff and that marriage fell apart as it was destined to because Pietro is a jerk. So Johnny moved on and ended up with Ben's old squeeze...or so he thought...Alicia Masters. Even married her. Problem is that the chick he married wasn't Alicia. She was a Skrull. There goes that one, but at least it wasn't Johnny's fault. He hooked up with a chick named Frankie Raye as well. She was cool. Then Galactus showed up and she left Johnny to become his new Herald. This again demonstrates the Reed should have used the Ultimate Nullifier. For a smart guy, Reed's pretty stupid.

Jean Grey keeps dying. Professor X loves Lilandra of the Shi'ar, but the drawback is that she needs to preen her feathers in another galaxy most of the day, leaving little time for Chuck. Oh, that, and her sister keeps trying to off everyone in sight. Marvel even killed off Wolvie's sweetie, Mariko. Snikt. Who knows if Peter Rasputin will FINALLY make it with Kitty Pryde before he gets offed again. In any case, Kitty's been waiting since before she was even legal.

Henry Pym's main relationship claim to fame is beating up his wife. And speaking of dysfunctional relationships, Wanda Maximoff married a dang Android, cheated on him with a dead guy, fabricated two kids she never had, went crazy (yes, redundant I know) and killed her hubby, Ant Man, and Hawkeye and messed a whole lot of other stuff up for the Marvel Universe by changing reality all over the place.

Over at DC, things weren't any better...

Even when they were together, the Black Canary and Green Arrow needed couples counseling.

Dick Grayson sorta had a thing for Barbara Gordon, but never even kissed her until AFTER the Joker plunked a slug into her spine; paralyzing one of the most interesting characters around. Of course, now she's another one of the most interesting characters around. But still. Leave her alone!

Ralph Dibney's wife Sue? Raped by Dr. Light, and then killed years later by the ex-wife of the Atom. Yeah. Fun.

Kyle Rayner's girlfriend? Killed by Major Force and stuffed into a refrigerator right after Rayner donned a certain green ring. He later got together with Alan Scott's emerald-hued daughter which seemed to be a match made in Oa. Eh. Broke up.

Metamorpho died. Came back to life though because heck, how can a being made of pure elements really die? Problem was that before he came back a piece of him animated itself, gained sentience and started dating an android alien chick. Not saying that it's a bad thing, but consider how messed up that'll make a robot chick from another planet.

Barry Allen gave his life to save the universe. But not before Professor Zoom killed Iris Allen. Then Wally West started dating and finally got it right with Linda Park. Problem was that Abra Kadabra blinked her out of existence, erasing her from the mind of everyone but Bart Allen. And, like anyone would believe him. That all got resolved and then Hal Jordan shows up wearing his Spectre suit, grants Wally's wish that everything change and Linda ends up forgetting HIM. Bwahahahahaha!!!!

And that's why I like Bruce Wayne's way of doing things. No mess. No committments. No problems like chicks getting killed or stolen by huge cosmic-powered planet eaters or blinked out of existence. His love-em-and-leave-em style really protects the girls in his life and keeps things less complicated for him.

Well, unless we consider all that back child support he's going to have to pay...someday...
    You need to get out more!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Will be seeing this friday with a few friends. Can't wait. :dancingco
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Oh. My. God.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin411
    1.Katie Holmes' character was totally pointless. Why must every movie have a superfluous love interest? Bleh.
    I heard WB forced Nolan to add a love interest, so they wrote in that character of Rachel Dawes. But if you see the movie you'll noticed they handled it pretty well. Dawes' character becomes part of what keeps Bruce/Batman grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    I heard WB forced Nolan to add a love interest, so they wrote in that character of Rachel Dawes. But if you see the movie you'll noticed they handled it pretty well. Dawes' character becomes part of what keeps Bruce/Batman grounded.
    Yeah during the movie I kept thinking that with a few minor tweaks this character didn't really have to be a love interest at all. Reminded me of "A Few Good Men" where Demi Moore's character was originally a man. I just get annoyed because you know in the next movie it will be like the character never existed yet we're supposed to believe there's some strong emotional connection between the two.
    "Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh" -Al Swearengen, Deadwood

Excellent movie. Extremely better than Star Wars III.

This movie not only had great visuals, but an interesting and well developed story.

4 stars. Loved it.

Sweet Fancy Moses that was great.

Right up there with Spiderman 2, X-Men 2, and the original Superman movie as near PERFECT comic book movies.

Not just a good comic book movie, but a good movie, period.

Gary Oldman was born to play Frank Miller's James Gordon.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

'twas a rather spectacular movie...what really impressed the heck out of me is how Nolan kept the action moving from the very start.
    though i did like the first two installments of the last series of Batman movies, i would love to see them continue forward with the present trend.

Saw it at the drive-in on Saturday with Miss Congeniality 2 (I do question who matches up those movies). It was a great movie, and I agree about Gary Oldman being born to play James Gordon.

Also, didn't mind TomKat too much, as her character did serve a purpose.

I do have to say that I was shocked by that rather interesting turn of events near the end of the movie.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Fantastic. Superb.

Just saw it yesterday and couldn't believe how good it was.

Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice. Michael Keaton isn't Batman.

I don't even want to comment on the crapfest the earlier series turned into after Burton left.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

I took my eight year old son to see Batman Begins last week. I liked it-he loved it. He sat glued to his seat, not saying a word, not asking for anything to drink or to go to the restroom. He had loved Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, but he loved Batman more.
    I did think it was very well done. Christian Bale did a superb job, and he was ably supported by an excellent cast.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?