Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So I just saw Batman Begins...

Re: So I just saw Batman Begins...

We're perplexed right now. We get a choice today - either Batman Begins or War Of The Worlds? Me thinks we're leaning towards the Bat. But the kids got chores to do first. There is always that incentive.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    We're perplexed right now. We get a choice today - either Batman Begins or War Of The Worlds? Me thinks we're leaning towards the Bat. But the kids got chores to do first. There is always that incentive.
    How old are your kids? I haven't seen War of the Worlds yet, but from what I've read it may not be as well liked by kids as Batman. Batman Begins was, as I posted, loved by my eight year old, but it also appeals to adults. I'd go with the Bat.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Theater will probably be a lot less crowded at Batman Begins, since War of the Worlds just opened.

I loved Batman Begins. I thought it was outstanding, and hope they make a gazillion sequals.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

By the way, some critics have panned Katie Holmes's performance in Batman Begins. She certainly will win no Oscar, but I thought she did okay with the part, and I didn't feel the "love interest" angle of the story detracted from the movie at all.
    Morgan Freeman (as usual) stole every scene he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Morgan Freeman (as usual) stole every scene he was in.

No kidding. Morgan is my favorite actor, well besides Tom Cruise, of course. 'Cause he's dreamy, and stuff.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    How old are your kids? I haven't seen War of the Worlds yet, but from what I've read it may not be as well liked by kids as Batman. Batman Begins was, as I posted, loved by my eight year old, but it also appeals to adults. I'd go with the Bat.
    16, 13, and 9. We just got back from mowing and trimming grandma's yard, and various other chores. We got back home, ate dinner, and everyone fell asleep!

We'll try again tommorrow!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    16, 13, and 9. We just got back from mowing and trimming grandma's yard, and various other chores. We got back home, ate dinner, and everyone fell asleep!

We'll try again tommorrow!
    You mean you were not anxiously monitoring RedsZone at all times just in case another poster demanded your immediate comment on Karl Rove? How inconsiderate of you!
    I took my 12 year old son to Little League all star practice. The whole family then went swimming. I've got back just in time to quickly check RedsZone before leaving for a pizza and fireworks.
    I'd encourage you to take them all to Batman. I think they'd like it.

I think Karl Rove would make a good Batman.

Turn Off Ads?