Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread / Lineups 6/14 vs BOS

Re: Game Thread / Lineups 6/14 vs BOS

In the post game writeup, it sounded like DM was a little miffed at him about the missed ball in CF last night.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    C'mon, that's one season, his second in the majors. He was a light stick, but he ended up with a respectable .248 career BA, hit .291 as a career high in '77, and from '77-81 hit in the .270s. If Dane could even sniff those numbers, we'd have ourselves a legit prospect. Sundberg was no slouch at the plate in his prime and was one of the best defensive catchers of the period.

Age 23-25

.223/.305/.294/.599

Pretty bad 1300 Plate appearences, anyway I'm not talking stick when I say Sundberg. Who was the last "pure" defensive catcher the Reds had?

Alan Knicely. .........Joe Nolan?

Probably Johnny Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    In the post game writeup, it sounded like DM was a little miffed at him about the missed ball in CF last night.
    Ok, I found it:

Reds center fielder Ryan Freel initially charged the well-struck ball, but had to change direction quickly as the ball sailed over his head and rolled to the wall.

"I don't know for sure if he catches it or not, 'Reds manager Dave Miley said. "If we do catch it, it's still a 0-0 game and maybe things work out different."

AND

"I thought he pitched better," Miley said of Milton. "The ball in center that Freel broke in on, if we do make that play it can change the whole complexion especially the way Clement was throwing."
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Ok, I found it:

Reds center fielder Ryan Freel initially charged the well-struck ball, but had to change direction quickly as the ball sailed over his head and rolled to the wall.

"I don't know for sure if he catches it or not, 'Reds manager Dave Miley said. "If we do catch it, it's still a 0-0 game and maybe things work out different."

AND

"I thought he pitched better," Miley said of Milton. "The ball in center that Freel broke in on, if we do make that play it can change the whole complexion especially the way Clement was throwing."
    Sounds like he's trying to justify Milton's still poor performance by putting it on some other aspect

Dave Miley filled out the lineup card that started the infielder in the outfield where, Tris, Dom, Reggie and Lynn toiled and he's "miffed"

That's rich.

I'm sorry, when I looked at the lineup, I didn't seen Freel's name there. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Dave Miley filled out the lineup card that started the infielder in the outfield where, Tris, Dom, Reggie and Lynn toiled and he's "miffed"

That's rich.
    My sentiments exactly.

But I didn't think Freel was in the lineup tonight (I swear when I checked the USA Today lineups that he wasn't), otherwise, I wouldn't have said anything.

I need to get my eyes checked.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sean Casey's 16 year old cousin has passed away. He will DH tonight, and then leave Boston.

He will be gone for 2 days.

All the best to him and his family

Johnny Edwards is the last "glove" catcher I can think of. He had a decent stick but I think he was a Gold Glove winner and was known for that.

I was a Johnny Edwards fan while my dad was a Don Pavletich fan. John Bench came along and rendered that debate moot.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

John Bench came along and rendered that debate moot.
    And he made Johnny "Proud to be an Astro"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Sean Casey's 16 year old cousin has passed away. He will DH tonight, and then leave Boston.

He will be gone for 2 days.

All the best to him and his family
    Sad news..condolences and prayers to his family
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Sounds like he's trying to justify Milton's still poor performance by putting it on some other aspect
    Agreed. I said this earlier today in another thread:

And then…THEN…I read today that Miley pinned the game's turning point on Freel for failing to catch that drive into center. A center field that Griffey patrolled for a decade, and begged to play. Scrappy has never played in that large and quirky field and has only started in CF four times according to Hal. Does Miley defend Freel's inexperience? Does he take the blame for putting a man in position to fail when a better choice had volunteered? No. Our "players' manager" threw his player under the bus.

If Freel lost this game, then it's because Miley bet on inexperience and went against the advice of his veteran player. If Wily Mo lost this game, then it's because DanO demoted AK right before interleague play. Either way, it's bush to blame Freel for such stupid decision making.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I think Miley has gone all goofy.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    I think Miley has gone all goofy.
    Just now?

I have my RZ t-shirt on..it will lead us to victory
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?