Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Information on turning off the anonymity of the reputation system

Re: Information on turning off the anonymity of the reputation system

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    I'm still wondering why this is such a big deal in the first place. The moderators run the board as they see fit...don't like it, try the mlb.com board. "Reds Live" is a great board as is the "Old Guard" -- and who cares who has 60, 600, or 6000 points?
    You could add to that. The cincinnati.com board is back
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Whiffey is not your savior...

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Like I said when it came back..we should attack now before they get too big
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by princeton

4. TeamDunn, I urged a pm to ws1990reds, not a post that was a personal attack
    Man, are you in for it! :

No need to out yourself to everyone! I probably should have PM'd him, as it turns out at least my comment got others looking at him and complaining about him. He has been quiet, at least from what I can tell. You are not the only one that negged me for that one, the other one kind of surprised me, but at the end of the day it really does not matter.

When I start hold grudges against "dings" it is truly time to get a life.

I'm glad it is turned on, I was against it at first (several weeks ago when it was turned on without notice)...but I think it will be better for the forum in the long run now.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    3. steve, I suggested that you not pile on against Jax because M2 had already made a great case about Osvaldo Perez
    To be technical, he mentioned Jax overshooting the mark on pitching predictions in general. My post was pointing out a specific instance. Regardless, I knew at the time that I made the post that it was neg-worthy and that I was piling on, I just didn't care. Sometimes, you just have to pile on. No hard feelings on the neg, I had it coming.

uh...i'll be the slow guy here and admit i did not know we were able to see our rep. points comments until now
    that said, it is kind of a cool way to see what has been done right...wish i could find my neg points to find what i could improve upon.
    in being able to see WHO gave me the points: will it make me appreciate the person more? of course...no matter if i get negative or positive. i've been able to see from many of your reactions - those who give points do not take this likely. negatives are not given on some spur-of-the-moment evil whim. IMHO, this can only help.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    I'm still wondering why this is such a big deal in the first place. The moderators run the board as they see fit...don't like it, try the mlb.com board. "Reds Live" is a great board as is the "Old Guard" -- and who cares who has 60, 600, or 6000 points?
    I agree 100% with NJREDS the moderators of RedZone do a fine job.

As for anonymity of positive or negative points given I have to be honest and say that comments made by members giving my post A mean more to me than the rep points.

It's a good thing to hear others respect your opinion if they agree or not. To give another member negative points without a few words for doing so is wrong IMHO.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-17-2005 at 03:43 AM.

Turn Off Ads?