Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RedsZone Sim League

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

RedsZone Sim League

Just wanted to publicly say a big thank you to ChicoRuiz. He ran the RZSL this year and did not have his own team in the league. So he handled all of the pre-season organization (finding managers, creating and maintaining the website, conducting the draft, etc), he ran all of the SIMS and handled any lineup/roster changes, and even threw in some trivia and history lessons for those of us involved. He even created team logos for everybody and I'm sure I'm missing some of the other things that were done.

Again, he did not have a team in the league but ran it for the rest of us to compete in. It was new to me and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, for several reasons, he won't be doing it next year but thanks Chico/John I really appreciate all you efforts, it was a lot of fun.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RedsZone Sim League

Thanks for the kind words. For those of you who didn't know it, The RZSL was a 12-team sim league whose player pool consisted of virtually every player who ever played a significant amount for the Reds. Its trophy, the coveted Crosley Cup, was won by the New Paris Newbies over the Muncie River Rats.

In case you're interested, here's how the league leaders stacked up:

BA- Kluszewski .343, Griffey Jr. .342, Sam Crawford .326.
    HR- Hank Sauer 49, Wally Berger 46, Griffey Jr. 45.
    RBI- Babe Herman 131, F. Robinson & S. Crawford 123.

Wins- Noodles Hahn 21, Hod Eller 20, VanderMeer & Joey Jay 18.
    ERA- Hahn 2.54, Rijo 2.83, Bob Ewing 2.89
    Ks- Frank Smith 331, Hahn 298, Bob Ewing 297

Most lopsided race- Joe Morgan stole 83 bases, 39 more than runner-up Cesar Cedeno.

Strangest league leader- The leader in saves was none other than Steve Foster.

I had a lot of fun with the league, but I discovered that I lack both the time and the expertise to run an Out Of The Park sim league. If anyone out there who's more OOTP-savvy than I am wants to take a shot at keeping the league going, I'd be happy to send him the league file.

WAGS

Very good league chico, i really enjoyed it.

I had a good time, thanks again for putting it on.

Thanks Chico, I had a great time and it was an interesting experience.
    "As long as I have fun playing, the stats will take care of themselves." - Ken Griffey Jr.

Yes, thanks Chico it was fun. Too bad its not going to continue.

I echo the previous posters thoughts. You are a champ for putting it together and running it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite my team's pathetic performance.

Turn Off Ads?