Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abortionist accused of eating fetuses

Abortionist accused of eating fetuses

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44779

A Kansas City abortionist is out of business after investigators discovered a grisly house of horrors at his clinic – with fetuses kept in Styrofoam cups in his refrigerator and one employee accusing him of microwaving one and stirring it into his lunch.

The unsanitary conditions in Krishna Rajanna's clinic prompted legislative approval of new abortion regulations in Kansas, a bill that was vetoed by the governor. Rajanna's activities have reportedly been the subject of law-enforcement investigations for nearly two years.

Rajanna first came to the attention of police in September 2003 when he called police to investigate alleged employee theft.

Detective William Howard of the Kansas City Police Department responded.

"I thought I had heard and seen every vile, disgusting crime scene, but was in for a new shock when I started this investigation," he would say later. Howard turned the matter over to the local district attorney and three state agencies.

Topping the list of horrors was an employee's account that she and others witnessed Rajanna "microwave one of the aborted fetuses and stir it into his lunch," as Howard recalled earlier this year when testifying before a Kansas House committee.

Rajanna denied the accusation. But he did keep fetuses in Styrofoam cups in the refrigerator along with food and drink.

"Dr. Rajanna lacked personal hygiene," testified Howard. "His hair was messy, hands dirty, and his clothing was wrinkled and stained. He put on old, used foot booties while we were there."

Howard testified the clinic was dark, dingy, had poor lighting and smelled musty. There were dirty dishes in the break-room sink and on the table, trash everywhere, and roaches crawling on the countertops. Howard was afraid to sit down.

Howard noted there were no hazardous waste containers anywhere. (An employee later testified Rajanna took home all contaminated, medical and biohazard waste for residential trash pick-up.)

As for the "procedure room," Howard's partner spotted dried blood on the floor and said the room looked "nasty."

Two dishwashers located next to the staff toilet served as sterilizers, according to employee testimony. Photographs show the toilet was bloody and functioned as a human waste disposal in the literal sense.

On Saturday, the State Board of Healing Arts voted unanimously to revoke Rajanna's license.

In March, a board inspector made two surprise visits to Rajanna' clinic. He reported the facility was unclean and that he found syringes of medications in an unlocked refrigerator. The inspector also reported finding a dead mouse in the hallway.

Rajanna said in his 10 years of performing abortions in Kansas City, no patient has complained about care.

Rajanna can appeal the decision to district court. He argued that he had not been given an opportunity to meet with the inspector to correct the deficiencies. But board members concluded that Rajanna's clinic represented a danger and said that as a doctor, he shouldn't have needed the board's prodding to keep a clinic clean and safe.

Board members also noted that Rajanna had been previously disciplined, in 2000 and 2001, for not properly testing his patients for their blood types and for improperly labeling medications. Also, in February, Rajanna signed an agreement to improve his clinic's conditions and paid a $1,000 fine.

With Rajanna's case pending, abortion opponents won legislative approval of a bill requiring abortion clinics to obtain an annual license from the Department of Health and Environment, hire surgeons as their medical directors and report patient deaths to the state within a day. The measure also mandated that the department set standards for equipment, medical screenings, ventilation and lighting.

But Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, an abortion-rights advocate, vetoed the measure, saying medical professionals – not legislators – should set standards.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Abortionist accused of eating fetuses

:thumbdown :thumbdown

I seriously almost puked when I read that first paragraph.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I really wish I hadn't read this.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Titles like this is why I would prefer a button that hits new posts and queries the baseball side of the board only.

I'm eating my lunch.

Sava- please don't post articles like this.

I know, I know, just don't open the thread they'll say, but you know we're all a bunch of rubber neckers and have to look at the train wreck.

But, really, is RZ a better place for this?

I know I'm not going to eat lunch now.

Thanks a lot.
    School's out. What did you expect?

That is...possibly the sickest thing Ih ave ever read. It almost doesn't even sound real.

i guess this must because i'm lefthanded and therefore supposed to be off-kilter, but reading the article reminded me that i have eaten yet. now i'm about to have some reheated spaghetti.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

I found this, too. Sounds like a weird story, all around. At first I thought it was right wing stuff, but it sounds like there's some strange stuff going on, even if the baby eating is not really true.

[URL=http://www.pitch.com/Issues/2005-06-16/news/feature.html]http://www.pitch.com/Issues/2005-06-16/news/feature.html[/URL
    Last edited by SunDeck; 06-15-2005 at 03:01 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

/RFA hat on

WorldNetDaily is about as credible as the Weekly World News. Kansas is an extremely right wing state.

Put those two together, and I seriously doubt most of the facts in this article are true.

My opinion is that the doctor probably had an extremely unclean facility and people are using it to further their own agendas.

From SunDeck's link:

Mulich defends Rajanna, saying that the fetus-eating allegations are simply untrue. She says some employees -- including Garcia -- fabricated stories about Rajanna because they disliked him. "She just made up a bunch of stuff," Mulich says of Garcia.

When the Pitch spoke to Howard and pressed him for details of his interview with Garcia, he acknowledged that Garcia had never said she actually saw Rajanna eat a fetus. She told Howard that she had seen him eat something from a container that resembled the ones she'd seen him store fetuses in and concluded that he'd eaten fetal tissue.

"She leaned over and whispered to one of the other girls, and they both concurred that's what it was," Howard says.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

And the next few lines are even better...

At first, Rajanna denied repeated requests for an interview. His attorney, Robert Manske, complained that it was unfair for Rajanna to have to prove he didn't do something.

Finally, Rajanna granted a telephone interview. Sounding emotionally shaken by the controversy, he explained that there was a very simple reason why he never ate fetal tissue.

He's a vegetarian.
    And here's some insight into the though processes of a typical Kansas legislator:

"His own staff said that he cannibalized human tissue," (state Rep. Peggy) Mast tells the Pitch. "I have very little doubt in my mind that he did this. I had heard that they do this type of thing in China, but we in America are not ready for this. Why else would he keep them in the freezer?"
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 06-15-2005 at 03:20 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    /RFA hat on
    I don't know if I should be flattered or call you a hypocrite. You tell me!

The source of information is always pertinent IMO. Glad to see it work both ways.

Future Reds All Star

Good Lord... VERY sick world!!

Maybe the good doctor should call Tituba's lawyer.

Its astonishing. We've tamed a continent, subdued a waring Europe, spead our military to the far corners of the earth, and yet, we still haven't gotten very far from Plymouth colony.

IF anyone knows or has worked in a Doctor's office, there are many Doctors (even well respected ones) who do very bizzare things. Not this bizarre, but they are a pretty strange breed. Not all Doctors by the way.

Turn Off Ads?