Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire on Fire

Re: Fire on Fire

I wonder why there are so many members of this forum who don't post often. Its posts like these that make me wonder that. Surely there are 10's or 100s of posters out there with brilliant things to say and share with everyone here, yet they don't let their voices be heard. Thank you, PressBox, for taking the chance to come out and let your voice be heard. It truly was a remarkable post.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Excellent post! I agree totally. I like you also havent been to a game this year or last. Last year I had surgery and when i could go the Reds were so out of it I didnt bother. This year my feeling is why spend 2 hours driving to the game to get mad then drive 2 hours home. You should post more often if only to bless this forum with your wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    If any post ever deserved positive rep it's this one. He may gain all 200 needed rep points in one day.
    It would be well deserved

Great post PressBox, please post more..we're very friendly around here, don't let some threads give you the wrong impression
    Go Gators!

Awesome article, Pressbox. Simply awesome. It's as if you dug into my mind and wrote exactly what is on it. I have printed this to share with my elderly friends who don't have email, and will email it to those who do. I can't say it strongly enough: Outstanding job!

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

one of the finer posts i have ever read. you should most definitly send that to the enquirer. you really hit the nail on the head as to what many reds fans are feeling right now

Excellent viewpoint and brilliantly written, PressBox!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Great post--it seems the fire is left in some fans though, judging from the board...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

great post---one for the ages, go reds!

As Puffy would say..."Krispy".

very good post, but I am not sure that the "fire" is the problem. The pitching is the problem. I am not trying to be negative towards your post, but I don't think that it is the problem. The talent on the field is not up to what we have seen in the past from this organization. You are a good writer and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Jpup, I agree the pitching quality isn't there but Pressbox is right - the fire is missing. These guys are so laid back. They play hard, I don't see too many guys dogging it but that's not what Pressbox is talking about. He's talking about guys that get po'd about losing. Guys who throw things, who slam things. These guys play hard but they don't have an O'Neill, or a Vaughan, or a Rose who sets the tone and makes demands. Maybe it's because they see the futility when the Miltons, and Graves, and Jimmahs that have comprised this staff over the past 5 seasons take the mound. I think its the mindset of a winner is gone. Good teams have bad years but don't lose that. They bounce back. Years of losing really wipe out that attitude, though. So, yes, I think the two - bad pitching and loss of fire or whatever you want to call it - go together. Simply put, winning breeds the expectation of winning, and losing does the opposite. Both are habits, even for teams, and for front offices, for entire organizations. When Milton is pitching, though, all the tantrums in the world and all the hustle and desire in the world aren't going to win any ballgames. The Reds unfortunately have a lot of Milton's. He just happens to be the richest.

Future Reds All Star

WOW!! Awesome post!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    If any post ever deserved positive rep it's this one. He may gain all 200 needed rep points in one day.
    And I just put Pressbox over the hump...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Congrats Pressbox on being the first (to my knowledge) to make it to the majors on one post!!!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
    Congrats Pressbox on being the first (to my knowledge) to make it to the majors on one post!!!
    It was well deserved. A nice well written piece there. I just wish I wasn't out of rep for the day when I read it. I have to wait until tomorrow to hit him for that one, but I plan to. It really summed up a lot of what we all have seen the last couple years.

Turn Off Ads?