Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

Today rumors from www.prosportsdaily.com

2 notes= LA Dodgers had a scout watching Harang last night and along with other pitchers.

Mets are looking for new 1st baseman with Dougie M not working out and Sean Casey was mentioned.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

As much as it might be sacrilige to deal Harang, I think we ought to consider doing just that. He is having a nice year, is somewhat young, and IMO he is having a flukish year. I don't think he continues at this level for next 5 years. So I would consider dealing him to a contender for quality. Not a firesale deal, but a top quality deal.

Package Randa and Harang to LA for Chad Billingsley, Edwin Jackson, Joel Guzman and Chris Westervelt.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    As much as it might be sacrilige to deal Harang, I think we ought to consider doing just that. He is having a nice year, is somewhat young, and IMO he is having a flukish year. I don't think he continues at this level for next 5 years. So I would consider dealing him to a contender for quality. Not a firesale deal, but a top quality deal.

Package Randa and Harang to LA for Chad Billingsley, Edwin Jackson, Joel Guzman and Chris Westervelt.
    If that was the return, I'd do it. Actually, I'm not a big fan of Edwin Jackson, I'd rather have Greg Miller. More of a gamble probably than Jackson, but Miller is LH and has more upside, IMO. If we didn't get at least that in return, Harang stays and I take Jackson and Westervelt for Randa.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

From NYM, Gaby Hernandez and Yusmeiro Petit and Kaz Matsui for Sean Casey, Dangelo Jiminez and David Weathers.

From NYM, Gaby Hernandez and Yusmeiro Petit and Kaz Matsui for Sean Casey, Dangelo Jiminez and David Weathers.
    What are we going to do with Kaz Matsui, he's stinky.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Chad Billingsley, Joel Guzman: I would take that deal in a second. Only one problem. Nobody in their right mind would make that deal. First of all, Randa's not the long term solution that Guzman is. Second Guzman is one the best hitting prospects in the minors, and Billingsly isn't too bad as pitching prospect either. I would jump at a deal that gave either of those for Randa and Harang, but it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    What are we going to do with Kaz Matsui, he's stinky.
    Add him to the stinky pile

I like that Dodger trade idea, but I don't think they would give us that much for Harang and Randa, maybe toss in Kearns and it starts to work.
    Go Gators!

At this point I think it would be a mistake to trade Harang. Even though he has lost his three games, he hasn't had a lot of support. He made only one mistake against the Orioles and was victimized by Wily Mo last night (how was that not an error?) He has been the most consistent starter and this point and we can't trade pitchers like that, IMO. Casey I would trade. He's a nice guy and a decent player, but if we can get something for him we need to it.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Reds traded there best pitcher for prospects. :/
    but Im not to sure about the ones you mention...

Edwin Jackson: 8.65 ERA, 55 IP, 76 Hits, 13 HR, 37 BB, 33 Ks
    Hes given up 21 more hits than innings pitch and 4 more walks than strikeouts.... and he has given up 13 homeruns.

Billingsley: 4.12 ERA, 67.2IP, 62 Hits, 7 HR, 23 BB, 77 Ks

Joel Guzman: 228 At Bats, .285 AVG, 65 Hits, 11 HR, 44 RBI, 30 BB 75 Ks

Westervelt: I couldnt find any stats/information on him.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    I wouldnt be surprised if the Reds traded there best pitcher for prospects. :/
    but Im not to sure about the ones you mention...

Edwin Jackson: 8.65 ERA, 55 IP, 76 Hits, 13 HR, 37 BB, 33 Ks
    Hes given up 21 more hits than innings pitch and 4 more walks than strikeouts.... and he has given up 13 homeruns.

Billingsley: 4.12 ERA, 67.2IP, 62 Hits, 7 HR, 23 BB, 77 Ks

Joel Guzman: 228 At Bats, .285 AVG, 65 Hits, 11 HR, 44 RBI, 30 BB 75 Ks

Westervelt: I couldnt find any stats/information on him.
    I read somewhere this morning that the Dodgers dropped Jackson down to AA...

Quote Originally Posted by LexingtonRedsFan
    I read somewhere this morning that the Dodgers dropped Jackson down to AA...
    If he was with the Reds he would have been promoted to the majors.

I think that if you are going to deal Harang, you have to get a whole bunch in return, since he is showing he can be at minimum a #3 and maybe a #2 longterm and he is cheap and pitching is at a premium right now. Hence Guzman and Billingsley.

As far as Matsui goes, I think he is far better than he is playing and so I would take him, put him in the lineup every day at 2B and forget about him. I am grabbing him more to offset the salary for NYM and because he is at a trade value low right now but IMO is bound to turn it around in the second half. And Casey fits a need nicely for them. Plus, getting Matsui gives us more options to deal an OFer because we can play Freel out there if we have to.

I think that if you are going to deal Harang, you have to get a whole bunch in return, since he is showing he can be at minimum a #3 and maybe a #2 longterm and he is cheap and pitching is at a premium right now. Hence Guzman and Billingsley.

As far as Matsui goes, I think he is far better than he is playing and so I would take him, put him in the lineup every day at 2B and forget about him. I am grabbing him more to offset the salary for NYM and because he is at a trade value low right now but IMO is bound to turn it around in the second half. And Casey fits a need nicely for them. Plus, getting Matsui gives us more options to deal an OFer because we can play Freel out there if we have to.

But Guzman and Billingsley are two of the top prospects in the game. There is no reason the Dodgers would trade these two for someone who is as you say a #3 starter, maybe a #2 in time. The problem is his track record doesn't say that he is a #3 starter. It says he is a 4 or 5. I hope he keeps this up, and his increase in K's is very encouraging, but I am sorry I have my doubts. And if I a lowly fan have doubts, there is no way DePo would trade two of his best prospect for Harang. But that's just MO. BTW, here are Guzman's and Billingsley's stats.

Code:
    Joel Guzman							
    Age	Lvl	AB	AVG	OBP	SLG	OPS	SEC
    17	Rk	151	0.252	0.331	0.391	0.722	0.272
    17	Rk	33	0.212	0.316	0.273	0.589	0.242
    18	A	217	0.235	0.263	0.406	0.669	0.212
    18	A	240	0.246	0.279	0.371	0.650	0.154
    19	A	329	0.307	0.349	0.550	0.899	0.316
    19	AA	182	0.280	0.325	0.522	0.847	0.308
    20	AA	228	0.285	0.365	0.531	0.896	0.382

Chad Billingsley							
    Age	Lvl	IP	ERA	K/9	BB/9	K/BB	
    19	Rk	54.0	2.83	10.33	2.50	4.13	
    20	A	92.0	2.35	10.86	4.79	2.27	
    20	AA	42.3	2.98	9.99	4.68	2.14	
    20	AA	67.7	4.12	10.24	3.06	3.35
    Guzman is a going to be a stud, no better way to put it. Billingsley has great K numbers, and I would bet he will get his ERA in the low 3's or 2's if he stays in AA the rest of the year.

This from Gammons chat on ESPN.com

Carl, (LA)
    Read today in the latimes the Dodgers could possibly land Aaron Harang of the Reds. Would the Reds really trade statistically thier best pitcher and what would the Dodgers have to give up?

PETER GAMMONS
    I watched Harang pitch last night at Fenway, and he IS their best pitcher. But, Cincy needs to get younger and get some power arms. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dodgers traded Edwin Jackson who has been a major dissapointment the last two years in AAA.

He must read Redszone too.

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66
    This from Gammons chat on ESPN.com

Carl, (LA)
    Read today in the latimes the Dodgers could possibly land Aaron Harang of the Reds. Would the Reds really trade statistically thier best pitcher and what would the Dodgers have to give up?

PETER GAMMONS
    I watched Harang pitch last night at Fenway, and he IS their best pitcher. But, Cincy needs to get younger and get some power arms. It wouldn't surprise me if the Dodgers traded Edwin Jackson who has been a major dissapointment the last two years in AAA.

He must read Redszone too.

If we only got Edwin Jackson back in a trade for Aaron Harang, I would kick someone in the "soft parts". Stupid.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?