Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

Re: MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

Luckily, this FO is too frozen, I mean like Antartic frozen, to pull the trigger on a Harang deal.

If Aaron gets traded I might start throwing things and kicking puppies.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds need pitching, so why would you trade your best pitcher for some guys who might produce.

I think that is working our way backwards. IF you want pitching, you do not trade pitching to get it.

This organization has no big name pitching prospects even close for the next three years.

To get pitching that will help this club, we will have to give up hitting talent.

To trade Harang would be one of the dumbest things to do right now.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by alexad
    The Reds need pitching, so why would you trade your best pitcher for some guys who might produce.

I think that is working our way backwards. IF you want pitching, you do not trade pitching to get it.

This organization has no big name pitching prospects even close for the next three years.

To get pitching that will help this club, we will have to give up hitting talent.

To trade Harang would be one of the dumbest things to do right now.
    Those same arguments were made last year regarding Paul Wilson. What did that get us? I think dangling a Harang, who is only our best pitcher by default, even with his vast improvement, makes sense if you bring back at least two top tier prospects. That is where the ability to look prospectively at what you think Harang will do over the next 3-5 years becomes the make or break for a GM. I like Harang, but I do think that if someone wants to overpay for less than half a season of above average pitching, let them overpay because I do not think he is a long term solution and could go the way of Paul Wilson anytime.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I would trade Harang if they can land couple of big prospects. This team need all the talent it can get. I'm not saying I would trade him for anything, but if a team comes a knockin' with a great offer on the table..I go for it.

Potential destinations and trade possibilities

Texas Rangers-Ask for two of the three.
    2b, Ian Kinsler
    lhp, John Danks
    rhp, Thomas Diamond

Los Angeles Dodgers-Throw Randa in if you have to.
    rhp, Chad Billingsley
    c, Russell Martin
    rhp, Justin Orenduff

Boston RedSox
    rhp, John Papelbon
    c, Kelly Shoppach
    rhp, Anibal Sanchez

I'm going to take the other stance..I think Harang offers more to the Reds. I think for last couple of years his confidence was way down. He'll develop into a solid starter in Cincinnati where right now the honest truth is that he's not being pressured. When the Reds start winning,(Notice I didn't say IF) Harang will be a major part of the equation since he will have the time to develop.

I'm not sold on Edwin Jackson. I've got a feeling that he will be one heck of an AAAA player.

I hope in any trade whether it is Casey or Randa, etc that there might be a major league ready catcher involved.

What makes you think Harang is having a flukey season?

Not calling anyone out, but I haven't seen where his mechanics look particularly bad, and he's got a power pitcher's frame, not to mention that he can locate his pitches pretty well.

Whereas everyone pretty much knew that Wilson was smoke-and-mirrors (and yes, I was one of the folks who advocated keeping him).
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Is it Who-Dey time yet!?!

Remember when we got Harang for Guillen when we were selling off the team to get younger

Now we want to trade Harang to get younger!!!

:lindner: You know you SUCK at rebuilding when this happens!!!! :obrien:
    :freel: Harold Reynolds's All-Star Snub

Romans 10:9

What kind of deal do you think you could get for Harang if you packaged Dunn with him? How about to Texas for Mark Teixera and Chris Young (or Diamond or Danks)?

Quote Originally Posted by SplitFinger
    Now we want to trade Harang to get younger!!!
    I'm tellin ya, I'll kick puppies.

And I like puppies.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I would trade Harang if they can land couple of big prospects. This team need all the talent it can get. I'm not saying I would trade him for anything, but if a team comes a knockin' with a great offer on the table..I go for it.

Potential destinations and trade possibilities

Texas Rangers-Ask for two of the three.
    2b, Ian Kinsler
    lhp, John Danks
    rhp, Thomas Diamond

Los Angeles Dodgers-Throw Randa in if you have to.
    rhp, Chad Billingsley
    c, Russell Martin
    rhp, Justin Orenduff

Boston RedSox
    rhp, John Papelbon
    c, Kelly Shoppach
    rhp, Anibal Sanchez
    I like the way you think, OBM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Romans 10:9

Maybe we should look at expanding the Texas deal I proposed above.

Reds trade Adam Dunn, Aaron Harang, & Edwin Encarnacion
    Rangers trade Mark Texeria, Chris Young, and one of either Diamond or Danks

Texeira would play third for the Reds (he played third for Georgia Tech), Young would replace Harang in the rotation, and Diamond or Danks would be assigned to the minors.

If they would rather switch Homer Bailey for Encarnacion (since they have Blalock) I would still do it.

There was also this gem to make everyone upset too:

PETER GAMMONS
    I think the Phillies will be in the race all the way. Their first need is to replace Randy Wolf, but I thinnk they'l wait to see if Gavin Floyd can get his delivery worked out in Scranton. The next need is a legit lead-off hitter, preferably, a CFer. Their third need is a couple of bench players -- one player who would be perfect would be Ryan Friel with the Reds.

Nice spelling/typing Peter.

Someone from San Diego also asked about Milton coming to the Padres. Peter said something like that would be a good idea considering he hit 90 on the radar gun for the 1st time this year last start in Boston.

Obie get on the phone to San Diego stat!!!

Got this from the LA Times. Harang is one of 5 starters the Dodgers are scouting now for a possible trade.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=1&cset=true

DePodesta said the Dodgers' six major league scouts were watching potential acquisitions Wednesday. Potential targets included Cincinnati's Aaron Harang, Colorado's Joe Kennedy, Toronto's Ted Lilly, Detroit's Mike Maroth and Pittsburgh's Mark Redman.

"We continue to have conversations every day, but I certainly wouldn't say anything is imminent," DePodesta said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Freak
    Maybe we should look at expanding the Texas deal I proposed above.

Reds trade Adam Dunn, Aaron Harang, & Edwin Encarnacion
    Rangers trade Mark Texeria, Chris Young, and one of either Diamond or Danks

Texeira would play third for the Reds (he played third for Georgia Tech), Young would replace Harang in the rotation, and Diamond or Danks would be assigned to the minors.

If they would rather switch Homer Bailey for Encarnacion (since they have Blalock) I would still do it.
    What's the point of this deal?

I am a huge fan of Teixeira, but Dunn is better than Teixeira. Harang is similar to Young, and you want to trade our only 3B prospect for a pitching prospect, albeit a good one. I don't really see how this trade improves the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    What makes you think Harang is having a flukey season?

Not calling anyone out, but I haven't seen where his mechanics look particularly bad, and he's got a power pitcher's frame, not to mention that he can locate his pitches pretty well.

Whereas everyone pretty much knew that Wilson was smoke-and-mirrors (and yes, I was one of the folks who advocated keeping him).
    I am not sure if he is having a flukey season. By the same token, I am not sure we will see this same Harang the rest of the season or later seasons. It seems to me their is an equally likely chance that we could have either a Carpenter, who didn't bloom until late, or a Jimmy Haynes. More than likely though we get a Harang that is what he is, a low 4 ERA pitcher with a good K/BB and with 7 K/9. If I can turn that type of pitcher for players like Billingsley, Martin, Ohrenduff, you do it. Because one of those players has start potential and isn't that far, another may have star potential is in high A, and one could be a very servicable backstop.

Aaron Harang
    Code:
    Year	Team			Age	Lvl	IP	ERA	K/9	K/BB
    1999	Pulaski			21	Rk	78.3	2.30	10.00	5.12
    2000	Charlotte		22	A	157.0	3.32	7.80	2.72
    2001	Midland			23	AA	150.0	4.14	6.72	3.03
    2002	Midland			24	AA	16.7	1.08	11.34	3.00
    2002	Sacramento		24	AAA	38.7	3.26	9.08	4.33
    2002	Oakland Athletics	24	MLB	78.3	4.83	7.35	1.42
    2003	Sacramento		25	AAA	69.7	2.71	7.75	3.53
    2003	Louisville		25	AAA	3.0	15.00	12.00	2.00
    2003	Oakland Athletics	25	MLB	30.3	5.34	4.75	1.78
    2003	Cincinnati Reds		25	MLB	46.0	5.28	5.09	2.60
    2004	Louisville		26	AAA	3.0	12.00	9.00	1.00
    2004	Cincinnati Reds		26	MLB	161.0	4.86	6.99	2.36
    2004	Cincinnati Reds		27	MLB	84.0	3.86	8.68	3.12
    Last edited by rdiersin; 06-16-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Turn Off Ads?