Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

Re: MLB Rumors 6/16- Reds Players 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    The last thing I want is DePodesta dealing with O'Brien. Talk about being overmatched......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66
    There was also this gem to make everyone upset too:

PETER GAMMONS
    I think the Phillies will be in the race all the way. Their first need is to replace Randy Wolf, but I thinnk they'l wait to see if Gavin Floyd can get his delivery worked out in Scranton. The next need is a legit lead-off hitter, preferably, a CFer. Their third need is a couple of bench players -- one player who would be perfect would be Ryan Friel with the Reds.

Nice spelling/typing Peter.

Someone from San Diego also asked about Milton coming to the Padres. Peter said something like that would be a good idea considering he hit 90 on the radar gun for the 1st time this year last start in Boston.

Obie get on the phone to San Diego stat!!!
    Milton might have a prayer in San Diego. Going there is about like going to pitch in the Astrodome from a pitcher's perspective. I'd pay half of the contract just to loosen the noose around my neck if I'm OB.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    The last thing I want is DePodesta dealing with O'Brien. Talk about being overmatched......
    Funny thing is, Dodgers' fans are about as enamored with their GM as we are with ours.

Is it Who-Dey time yet!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Freak
    Maybe we should look at expanding the Texas deal I proposed above.

Reds trade Adam Dunn, Aaron Harang, & Edwin Encarnacion
    Rangers trade Mark Texeria, Chris Young, and one of either Diamond or Danks

Texeira would play third for the Reds (he played third for Georgia Tech), Young would replace Harang in the rotation, and Diamond or Danks would be assigned to the minors.

If they would rather switch Homer Bailey for Encarnacion (since they have Blalock) I would still do it.
    If we are trading for the future we shouldnt trade away OUR future.

*I would rather have Texeria than Dunn though, but maybe thats just me
    :freel: Harold Reynolds's All-Star Snub

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    But Guzman and Billingsley are two of the top prospects in the game. There is no reason the Dodgers would trade these two for someone who is as you say a #3 starter, maybe a #2 in time. The problem is his track record doesn't say that he is a #3 starter. It says he is a 4 or 5. I hope he keeps this up, and his increase in K's is very encouraging, but I am sorry I have my doubts. And if I a lowly fan have doubts, there is no way DePo would trade two of his best prospect for Harang. But that's just MO.

Guzman is a going to be a stud, no better way to put it. Billingsley has great K numbers, and I would bet he will get his ERA in the low 3's or 2's if he stays in AA the rest of the year.
    I agree with that. That is why I think it should take those guys. Why would LA do that? Because they have legit playoff hopes and Randa and Harang fill their two biggest holes with two above average ML starters, one of which will slot very nicely behind Brad Penny long term for them.

Why would I as a Red trade Harang? Only because his value is as high as it has ever been right now and because I need more help than just Harang. That and because I am asking for a minimum of two high quality prospects to deal him, not just a couple of schleps.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Funny thing is, Dodgers' fans are about as enamored with their GM as we are with ours.
    They wanna trade? really..no problem
    Go Gators!

I saw this from a BP article by Joe Sheehan talking about which teams may be sellers, and what they have to sell (sorry if it was posted elsewhere):

Reds: Someone should let the Reds know they had a series in Boston this week. I'm not usually one for judging effort by watching on television, but if you were going to argue that a team had given up, those three games were pretty good evidence for the prosecution. Maybe the regular chairs go next.

What's odd is that for such a bad team, the Reds have some players to trade. They've destroyed Austin Kearns' value in favor of Ryan Freel--who admittedly has been very good the last two years--so there's an opportunity for a team to steal a pretty good right fielder for the stretch drive. Keep in mind that the Reds have had a glut of outfielders/first baseman for a while now, and they haven't been able to make a deal in that time. Finally, Joe Randa has no business finishing the year in Cincinnati, and he could improve a number of third-base situations around the league. His fan-favorite status may impair Dan O'Brien's judgment, however
    My question is:

Joe Randa is a fan favorite? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    They wanna trade? really..no problem
    I think the Dodgers' fans have just as legit reasons to complain. From the results perspective, he has done as little to instill confidence in the fan base than O'Brien has. He may have better skills and a better plan overall, but the results are mixed, at best, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie

Joe Randa is a fan favorite? Why?
    First I've heard of it..I suppose it's that whole "workman like" thing he and Casey do well, but I think he's more a fav of the FO then the fans.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66
    Someone from San Diego also asked about Milton coming to the Padres. Peter said something like that would be a good idea considering he hit 90 on the radar gun for the 1st time this year last start in Boston.
    That isn't true because I saw him hit 92 several times on the gun on his ill-fated start against PIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If the Reds were to trade Harang they better get the mother load in return. I'm not saying Harang is a #1 or a Cy Young winner, but I think the fans would have poop hemorrhage if they traded him. He's been one of the very few shinning lights this season.

Romans 10:9

deleted

I think everyone is missing the point. You trade players that you have abundance of for types of players you have little of. Aaron Harang, next to the only, bright spot on this pitching roster. He's young, improving every year, and is becoming a power pitcher. Don't trade him!!! Granted he may never be a 1# but he will never be less than a 3# from now on IMO. Don't trade proven pitching for unproven pitching!! Furthermore, the Reds have a ton of power guys. Too many power guys. We have managed to score a ton of RUNS this season thanks to these big boppers, but we still have no PITCHING. Trade two or three of them. I consider the power guys, Pena, Dunn, Kearns, Griffey for proven pitching or unproven pitching depending on the team and the player being traded.

I guess if your going to rebuild then rebuild the Reds seem to just go half the way all the time. I think that is why it has went form a 5 year plan 7 years ago to still trying to decide what the true plan really is. Take the Bengals and the Marvin plan he has pretty much gotten rid of all the players that was there before him and seems to be turning the whole attitude of the team around. The pre-Marvin team had what seemed to be a lazy self centered losing attitude with players that had talent but didn't want to work at all the little things to make then a better player or the team a better team. The new Marvin team Seems to be hungry to improve and give their all to get it done. The Reds may want to clean house too so that the current attitude doesn't infect any of the new players the Reds bring in. The Reds don't have any in your face type of leadership from the Vets. and every one is just happy to be out with their team mates after every loss. Jr is too laid back to be a Mentor and Casey is just to darn nice. There is no one on that pitching staff to really mentor the younger pitchers not even Gully or Miley. So Just Clean house and let the change begin.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04
    I think everyone is missing the point. You trade players that you have abundance of for types of players you have little of.
    I don't think I'm missing the point. Aaron Harang is a good #3 pitcher, and I agree he will probably remain a steady starter for a few more years. The problem is, the Reds will not be competitive next year, and most likely the year after. So what good is it for the Reds to have Aaron Harang on their team? Why not trade him (while his value is really high) and pick up TWO potential #2/#3 starters that will be ready in 2-3 years when the Reds are ready to compete (I know this can be argued, but trust me, it will be AT LEAST 2 years before we're competitive)? Why would you keep him? I suppose his value could go higher, but it could also drop...I cash in now while I have the chance. Not too many starters available at the deadline this year..not that DanO knows anything about this, but if he were smart, he could dictate the market.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?